38

Aa'yat's POV

We were around the sick bay entrance when I saw a familiar face coming from afar.
"Munir"??? My subconscious alarmed.

Didn't he tell me he was a final year student of BUK?...or was I seeing things now. I thought weirdly.

After walking closer enough to the suspected Munir lookalike, Alas! It was him.

I turned my face immediately to the opposite direction as I prayed to Allah not to let him catch even the slightest glimpse of me.

Sadly, Allah had other plans for me.
He knows Junaid. He called out his name and they exchanged pleasantries.

I tried really hard to keep my gaze as far as I could from him and that was when I noticed Inayat. She was obviously hiding from someone too.

It can't be Munir of course, maybe this is her own literal way of lowering her gaze. I thought with my subconscious.

I could pick some few words from the chats they were having and from the looks of things, Munir turned out to be a 300 level engineering student.

Such a liar! How could he have thought of lying to me?? I guess we were both toying with each other as at then. Astagfirullah ilazeem. Doesn't he know telling lies is bad?? I face palmed with my subconscious.

He somehow got a hold that I was Junaid's twin sister and I hastened my steps immediately with Inayat by my side.

Inayat!!! He called out and I was rather confused.
Did he mean Aa'yat????
No, he obviously called out Inayat. I assured.

She on the other hand refused to tend to him and just kept on walking.

Junaid later shooed him away I guess because he stopped following us.

Do you know Munir? I and Junaid queried in our different ways.

She didn't answer rather forwarded the question back to me.

Do you know Munir? She asked.

Yes, he was my ex boyfriend back then. I bluntly answered.

And you?? I asked back yet again.

He was my ex boyfriend too. She squeezed out in distress.

What???? Subhanallah, you gotta be kidding me.

I turned to Junaid and he turned all sweaty at once. It wasn't all physically but I could see it in him. He is my twin brother after all.

      Inayat's POV

He was my ex boyfriend. I managed to say out and Allah knows that if it weren't for the situation I was in, I rather say something else than that.

The worst of it all was that Junaid was there, he was just spaces from me and I don't even know the expression or reaction he is wearing right now. Even though I don't know if he does like me just as Aa'yat confirmed, I was still shy to look at him. I wanted to cover myself in shame.
But whatever Allah has destined must surely come to pass.

Aa'yat stood there not knowing what to say and I on the other hand, just wanted to disappear straight to my room or anywhere, any other place apart from here.

I was expecting the silence to last a while at least till we all departed or better still till I was left with Aa'yat alone, but that wasnt it.

Junaid woke me from my thoughts as he said out; Why don't we go towards life science or any other place silent for a while to sort this out. Or don't you think we should? He turned to Aa'yat.