II : The Enigma, Bella Swan

To her great surprise, her first day in muggle school was a bright and sunny day. Cal emphasized how rare these days were in Forks, and she should take it as a good omen.

Pulling into the parking lot of the school, Gwen checked appearance in her car mirror.

She had placed minimal makeup on her skin, leaving a glowing look on her brown to skin to allow her a youthful appearance. Moving her head to glance around the parking lot, her raven hair bounced as she moved, still full in appearance despite the new climate.

Getting out of her new car, she felt a little out of place as she realized the cars Cal had ordered them were not the type of cars that most people drove around the town. At least not high schoolers. She automatically felt as though she stood out, her shiny new vehicle in the middle of all of these older models.

Putting her sunglasses on, the 19-year old walked into her new school, taking on the cover of a muggle teenager in her last year of school.

Her dark black boots echoed one the pavement, as the small heel created an echo that made many students turn to look at her.

She knew fashion in her own country well. But American fashion was a whole different challenge. MACUSA had no idea how to dress as muggles. It was much easier for Cal, since he was able to dress similar to how he did. But for her, she needed to keep up with the current fashion trends. And since the war, she had no idea what those were.

She figured she couldn't go wrong with a classic short black skirt and light pink blouse. As well as her signature brown leather backpack.

But as soon as she placed her black, shiny sunglasses on her face, she knew she had picked the wrong outfit.

"Oh calamity" Gwen whispered, as she saw looks of curiosity and other students looking at her in surprise.

From the looks of it, most of the students wore high-waisted jeans and regular t-shirts. She looked more posh than anything, and she silently cursed under her breath. She needed to blend in, not stand out. She had gotten inspiration from a Muggle magazine. And now it seemed as though she had just walked off of a runway instead of dressing like a typical teenager.

Looking down at her schedule, Gwen knew most of the subjects written down. She had never taken a chemistry or math class, but from her research, she knew it was a bit like arithmancy and potions. After all, how hard could this 'high school' be?"

"Hello!" a cheerful voice said in front of her.

"Hi" Gwen said in an equally cheerful voice. She gave herself a slight pat on the back in her mind for perfecting her American accent.

"I'm Jessica Stanley" the cheerful girl said, placing a hand to her chest. "You must be Guinevere."

"Gwen" she corrected politely.

"Another new girl with a nickname" Jessica said in a sarcastic tone, as her smile did not match her eyes this time.

"What?"

"The other new girl," Jessica said, as she moved her hands animatedly as she spoke. "She also has an old fashioned name. But she goes by Bella."

Gwen felt a sense of intuition, as she wondered who this Bella girl was. It seemed she was the topic of everyone in the town.

"Am I really the only person who's moved here since Bella?" Gwen asked, nearing closer to Jessica as though wanting to get more gossip from her.

Jessica seemed to enjoy this as she got nearer to Gwen as well, "Yeah, it's a pretty small town. She was all of the rage last year when she got here. Even the Cullens were interested in her. She was like the shiny new toy and all of that."