40.

🤍Y/N🤍

We came home with Christiana from the hospital as I was greeted by gifts, decorations and family members in the house. "Aww" I said as Scarlett came and hugged me along with other people. I looked seeing a cute balloon arch decoration in the living room.

 I looked seeing a cute balloon arch decoration in the living room

Along with gifts surrounding the decorated area. I was assuming all these gifts were for Christiana because you know once you have a child it's over with as far as gifts for you. "I'm going to go upstairs, feed the baby and change" I said to Chris as he took her out of the car seat handing her to me. I went upstairs to be greeted with roses and gifts

 I went upstairs to be greeted with roses and gifts

but there was a card on the bed also. I picked it up and begun to read it

"Words can't describe how extremely excited I am of being a parent. I'm so thankful for my awesome wife for all the love you have given to me and by giving a child in my arms. I hope that we will have more babies and will consistently cherish them together.I realize that words will never be sufficient to communicate what I feel for you. I love you so much, and I simply needed to tell you this from my heart."

I read and tears started falling from my eyes "fuck" I groaned sitting on the bed wiping my tears away. I was trying not to be sensitive but Chris is breaking down barriers I had up for years when it came to love. I ain't even want the gifts I just wanted to hold onto this card.

I started feeding Christiana and was rereading my card. Five years in this coming New Years and it feels as if I just got with him yesterday. The love he pours out is so genuine I could never bring myself to ever hurt him. He takes care of himself and makes sure everything and everyone else is taken care of also. And he actually listens to what I have to say instead of dismissing it because I am a woman.

I was trying to think of things I can get him to show my appreciation but what do you get a millionaire?!. He knows I love him and would do anything for him but I wanted to show like he shows it to me and sometimes I feel like I don't do enough for him and it bothers me.

I placed the card down and wiped my tears away hearing him come upstairs laughing. He then came into the room smiling as I wiped my eyes. "Are you crying?" He questioned in a chuckle sitting on his side of the bed looking at me with a smile.