10.

When I returned to school I found out the guy shot himself while running away from police. That asshole honestly deserved worst. He killed 3 guys and injured 4 others.

School was awfully gloomy. Everyone was shaken up and no one seemed happy. I mean why would anyone be when people literally died going here. Many people choose to stay home for a while and do their studies there but I choose to continue going to school. I wanted to make sure Giselle was doing ok and I wanted to see Niki even though I can just walk to his house. But also because mid term exams are coming up and I need to do well in these exams so I get accepted into my dream university.

"Let's go get something to eat after school" Giselle said jumping in front of my desk. I was writing down notes from class trying to ignore her. But she continued asking.

"I need to study and do well on these exams. Mum is going kill me if I don't pass." I didn't even look up at her but I knew she was pouting.

"Niki?"

"I'm with her." Niki wouldn't go anywhere unless I'm there with him. How cute.

"You guys are boring." Niki and I didn't say anything. "Ugh where are you guys studying I'm coming."

~~~

Mid term exams are over and I did pretty well on them.

"I passed!" I heard Giselle scream.

"Nice. How'd you go." I asked Niki.

He looked really sad. Oh no.

"I got 100%!" His frown quickly changed to a big smiley face.

"Flex" Giselle and i said in unison.

"I got 87%"

"Not as good as me."

"Shut up" I started hitting him chasing him around class.

The three of us decided to have lunch on the rooftop since it was a nice autumn day. Plus it was the last day before the small break.

"It's getting colder these days." I said shivering to the cold breeze that flew by.

Niki came up behind me for a hug which warmed me up. We started walking to the rail taking in the view of the school from up here which was actually really nice.

"You guys are cringe." Giselle yelled from the door.

"Shut up you're just- what are you doing?!" I stopped talking when I saw a girl standing on the ledge of the rail.

She turned to me and was pouring with tears. All three of us slowly approached her trying not to scare her.

"Hey what's wrong, talk to us." I tried to be calm and sweet about it but it doesn't seem to affect her. The girl starts crying even more.

"He hurt me." She said slowly. I watched as she took a step back.

"No you can do this! Don't do it please!" I screamed.

"He hurt me! I can't do it anymore!" She continued screaming until she took another step back. "I can't live after what he did to me."

She started leaning back until she lost balanced.

"NO!" All three of us tried grabbing her but it was too late. She had already fallen.

News reporter:

'A high school girl falls off the school's rooftop. Paramedics say it was an act of suicide and investigators believed the cause of this act was rape."

I felt guilty for her death even though it wasn't my fault. But I could've saved her. I could've ran up to her and pulled her down. I didn't have to try and talk my way to her.

Throughout the school holidays I didn't speak to anyone nor did I leave the house. I didn't speak to Giselle or Niki or even my parents. I knew they were all worried for me but I know they were also struggling. But I couldn't bring myself to ask them if they were okay when I physically and mentally wasn't ok.

There was a knock on the door but I didn't answer it. It was probably Niki again but I didn't feel like talking.

"Jennifer darling are you home. I know you're not feeling well but please open the door."

I let out a sigh. I couldn't say no to her. So I ended up opening the door.

"Hi ma'am." It was obvious that I wasn't doing well but I was still trying to be formal.

"How are you feeling."

We're both sitting on my couch now.

"Not so well."

"Ah, well Niki has been worried sick about you and so have I. He came to check up on you a couple times but he said you haven't answered the door or any messages or calls from him."

"Mm. I don't feel well."

She pulled me in for a small hug which was actually really comforting. I look up to Niki's mother as a mother figure. Although my mum is still alive it's different without her here. But I don't think she would mind if I have a second mother figure. I mean she will be my mother in law one day. Hopefully.

"Thank you."

02/01/21