12.

Niki managed to pull me back and away from the room before shutting the door. I cried in his embrace while I felt his warm tears fall onto my cheeks.

Niki was able to call the police and tell them what happened while I continued to cry in front of Giselle's door. When the police came they told the both of us to leave and that they will deal with this situation. That included cleaning the scene and telling Giselle's mum what happened. I can't imagine how Giselle's mum would feel and how badly hurt she will be.

"Let's go to my place for a while, my mum will help you so you won't be alone." Niki said while basically dragging me away from Giselle's house. I get that Niki wants to help me but I really want to alone right now. It probably wasn't good but I just need time to let my emotions out.

Niki kept insisting that I stay with him until we got to his house. I couldn't say no.

When we were inside Niki's mum welcomed me as if I was another one of her children. I tried my best to greet her but i was scared that if I opened my mouth, that I would burst out into tears so I kept them shut. She was a little confused to my silence and looked at Niki. She could sense something wasn't right and pulled Niki into a different room leaving me in the dining room.

I assumed Niki told her what happened since Niki's mum came running into the dining room and pulled me in for a hug. At that moment I broke down in tears again.

"It'll be okay, she's okay and she wants you to be okay." She pulled Niki so that she was hugging both of us. I was crying to much that I couldn't hear Niki or his mother crying with me.

Niki's mum didn't want me to leave and told me to stay for the night. But I told her I really wanted to be alone. She still didn't want me to leave saying that something bad might happen and that she couldn't lose me too. I cried when she told me that. She said that I could stay in a seperate room so I can have alone time. Niki understood and I could tell that he wanted to be alone too.

It's past midnight and I still can't sleep. I keep tossing and turning to find a comfortable position but end up curling up into ball and crying.

If only I checked up on her during the school break. Maybe she wouldn't have been hurt. Maybe if I just came over and said hi maybe none of this would've happened.

The door opened making me sit up slightly. In the doorway was Niki looking just as upset as I was. I watched as sat down in bed with me, pulling me in for a hug as I continue to cry in his embrace.

Due to all these events at school, school was shut down for the rest of the year. I stayed at Niki's house because Niki's mum wouldn't let me leave but also because I felt safe when I was here. Niki's mother treated me as if I was her daughter and I was incredibly grateful for her.

Throughout this break, not sure if i should consider this a break, I got to spend time with Niki. Well I stayed in my room most of the time still mourning over the death of Giselle. But Niki came in to comfort me while I cried.

At Giselle's burial ceremony I was able to see her mum. She look absolutely devastated. I tried talking to her during the ceremony but ended up crying in the process.

When it came time to bury the coffin I couldn't watch. When she was completely buried I completely broke down again. Niki and his mum was there to comfort me.

I refused to eat and drink for so long, to the point where Niki would have to force feed me. He was so concerned for my health he forgets about himself, but his mum was the one to look after him.

"How are you feeling?" Niki rested his head on my shoulder while he continued to hug me from behind. It's been about 2 weeks since Giselle's burial and I'm still living with Niki. Before the burial, Niki's mum drove me to my apartment to help me get some stuff for myself.

"A little better." I whispered while hugging my knees.

"Mum wanted to take us out for dinner at this really nice restaurant."

"I'm not hungry."

"That wasn't a question. You're getting up and I want to take you out for our 10 months anniversary.

My head turned around to face Niki. I turned to my phone to look at the date.

Oh my god! How did I forget?!

"Oh my god. I'm such a bad girlfriend, how did I forget about our anniversary?" I covered my mouth with my hands. I'm mentally beating myself for forgetting.

"It's okay, I understand why you'd forget." He said while tightening the hug.

"How can we celebrate it?" I asked, a little frantic.

"Go to dinner with me and my mum."

06/01/21