23.

I watched as Mark got up and left my room without a second word.

Hmm weird.

So now what. I'm stuck in my room until Mark lets me go out. I mean that's what I've been doing for the past...how long. How long have I been here for. Like 3 months right, yeah I haven't been here for that long. I practically met Mark yesterday.

Mark was kind enough to lend me some of his books to read. They were pretty entertaining for someone who has nothing else to do. The books were pretty interesting though, it was about a girl being stuck in her dreams and eventually falling in love with the guy who made her stuck in her dreams, then there was this really dramatic love triangle between her, the guy and the guy's best friend. Pretty wild. It's called 'Dream of dreams'.

I suddenly have the urge to pee, so I quickly got up and ran to the bathroom down the hall. When I came out I noticed that Mark's room door was open. I peered in to see an empty room.

Hmm, I wonder where he is.

Well since he isn't here I'm gonna make something to eat real quick. Mark usually doesn't let me cook without his permission, he's scared I'll waste his food. Plus he tells me how fat I look whenever I eat and that I should stop eating to get skinnier.. So I tried to be mindful about that and gave myself the tiniest serving of cereals.

On my way back to my room I noticed a shadow under the front door. Then a knock.

*knock knock*

I looked around to see if Mark was gonna come out and answer the door.

*knock knock*

Mark still hasn't shown up.

*knock knock*

This time the knocking was more aggressive and demanding. I placed the bowl of food on the nearest table and quickly made my way to the door.

Mark wasn't here and this person would just keep knocking if someone doesn't answer the door. But if Mark is still here somewhere I should be quick so I don't get caught.

With one swift movement I opened the front door.

My eyes widen when I saw the person in front of me. It's the blonde hair dude from the convenience store.

What was his name again?

Nnnnnnnn

Nickolas or something.

Then i suddenly remembered that I need to be as quick as possible to answer whatever his questions were.

"Can I help you?" I asked trying to be as calm as possible.

He looked at me with shocked eyes, as if he found something he lost. The guy didn't say anything and continued staring at me making me a little uncomfortable. But I guess he noticed since he quickly directed his attention to something else.

"Oh uh. So this is where you live huh" He said trying to make the conversation less awkward.

"What?" That was really creepy what he just said.

"I um... ugh" the guy let out a frustrated groan before talking again. "Jennifer do you really not remember me. Your ex boyf-"

My ears perked up when I heard ruffling coming from the back door.

That's Mark, I can tell by the footsteps.

Not letting the guy his sentence, I shut the door in his face before Mark could see me.

"What are you doing out of your room?" Mark asked pointing at me. He noticed my hand on the doorknob and quickly came over and yanked me away from the door.

"Where did you think you were going?!" Mark yelled.

"I didn't try to run away. Someone kept knocking on the door and you weren't inside to answer it." I said covering my body from him.

Mark turned to the door so he could open it.

Oh no what if they guy was still there. Would they fight? What if the guy gets hurt? What if he- wait why do I care. He was the one being creepy asking if I lived here and if I knew him.

"There's no one here. You filthy liar!" Mark raised the metal rod in his hand, about to hit me with it when his phone started ringing. "Ugh i don't have time for this! Jennifer, go to your room!"

Without a second word, I ran to my room so I wouldn't piss Mark off even more.

It wasn't long until I heard the front door slam open and close indicating that Mark left the house. Even though I know that I'm home alone right now I didn't have the nerve to leave my room. What if he's testing me again.

I rest my head on my pillow trying to fall asleep. Then the thought of him came up in my mind.

Why do I keep meeting him?

Why does he keep asking me if I remember him?

How does he know my name?

How did he know where to find me here?

Do I know this guy?

If so, how?

So many unanswered questions that can't be answered until I meet him.

Maybe he's bad news. Maybe he's a really bad guy. He probably is since Mark wants to keep in my room ever since BamBam mentioned him.

Oh my god I really need to stop wanting to pee every 5 minutes. Thank god Mark wasn't home and I was able to run to the bathroom.

When I came out I noticed my bowl of cereal still sitting on the table.

"How did I forget this?" I laughed at myself before taking a mouthful of the cereal.

"Tell me how you forgot me?"

I screamed making me spill my bowl of cereal onto the floor. I turned towards the kitchen to see that same blonde dude from this morning.

"What are you doing here?!" I continued screaming while pointing at him.

"Keep it down will you? I'm trying to save you." The guy slowly started to approach me making me step back and away from him.

"Stay away from me!" I let out another scream. I turned around and attempted to run and hid in Mark's room but the guy grabbed my arm stopping.

"What are you doing, get away from me! I don't even know you." I yelled and scream trying to hit him away from me. But because he was taller and stronger I had no affects on him.

"Jennifer it's me N-"

"Niki."

I turned to the front door, where the voice came from.

"Mark, long time no see"

23/01/21