22. S rank mission

"an S ranked mission really?!" naruto steps forward excitedly at the mention of his new mission "yes, you will be traveling to the land of lightning along with yamato" "yeah!" naruto jumps up in the air then runs out of the meeting. "now as for your mission...

...y/n, the details of this mission can not be revealed to naruto." i raise my eyebrow quizzically "the truth of this mission is to take naruto to a remote island so he's away from the hands of the akatsuki." i hum in understanding "i might have to guard naruto form an even further distance than you suggested" she looks at me with a confused face "you see, this ring here tracks my location" she lets out a heavy sigh of annoyance "alright, watch over him from a distance you choose" i nod, then turn to leave her temporary office which was stacked with paperwork.

after walking around the village and occasionally helping out i noticed akamaru, kiba, hinata and shino come out of a restaurant 'i should go say hi' i smile and jog over to them.

"hm? oh hey y/n!" kiba turns around as i was jogging over and waves at me, also causing hinata and shino to look back at me "hey guys!" i come to a stop in front of hinata "hi y/n, is there something you need?" hinata questions in a shy tone "well i'm gonna be leaving the village for awhile so i thought i should say bye" "a mission?" shino asks "yeah, i should be going now though, cya!" i give the 3 a quick wave and run off.

-

"maybe i should use sai's jutsu to make a bird" i mumble while sat on the ground trying to think of how i should go about following naruto, "i believe that's the smartest option" rinen answers, i nod and quickly draw a bird, as soon as my brush leaves the paper the bird jumps out and grows "for your first time using super beast scroll you did a good job, y/n." sai's voice speaks up "sai? what're you doing here?" i stand up "a message from tsunade" he hands me a scroll "thanks" i smile and turn to jump atop the inky bird but sai grabs my arm and pulls me into a hug "e-eh?" a tint of pink appears on my cheeks "stay...safe.." he whispers shyly and hesitantly, as if he was unsure of what to do, "i will" i pull away from the hug and smile at him.

whilst flying in the air i made sure to have my byakugan activated, keeping a close eye on naruto as he, yamato, guy and aoba boarded a ship (swordfish thing never happened) "this missions going to be boring.." i sigh and lay back onto the bird, closing my eyes and drifting to sleep....

"miss? excuse me miss?"
——————————————
short chap ik- ;-;

first, yes sasuke's eyes will become the ems however the way y/n's treatment for it works is that she applies blood from itachi into a bottle of the mixture she uses to temporarily stop the side-effects of the ms, how'd she use it on herself? since the l/n clan isnt uchiha she is able to use her own blood to advance her ms to ems. she hasnt used it on itachi yet because she hasnt obtained sasuke's blood and only recently used it on herself, to prepare for the war.

second, in this story shisui's death was never confirmed.😉