12. chunin exams pt 2

~7 days later~

i was walking with naruto, sasuke and sakura, heading towards where the first faze of the chunin exams would start "what do you guys think the exams will be like?" sakura says leaning forward to look at us, mainly sasuke who just shrugs, naruto on the other hand "i bet they'll be real easy! believe it!" shaking my head i decide to say something "these are the chunin exams, we don't know what to expect so i don't think you should underestimate it naruto" he looks at me smiling while scratching the back of his head.

-

"what's with all the commotion?" we had arrived at the test sight, floor 3 room 301 (is that right?) however upon entering the floor i realised there was a genjutsu, i wanted to see if the others had noticed so i didn't say anything yet. at the door were those two gate guards i met 5 years ago 'why're they transformed into little kids..' they were blocking the doors from everyone else, and had been pushing back this weird kid in a green jumpsuit? and big eye brows, feeling bad for the kid i step in and turn around to face the crowd of genin wanting to take the exam

"you idiots," i shake my head staring at everyone in front of me "HAH what did you just say!?" a random genin speaks up "i said you're all idiots, how could you not notice the genjutsu? this is obviously the 2nd floor" i spin back around and look at the two stupid gate guards staring at me confused "why're you two transformed as kids" i whisper so only they can hear, "u-uh well..." kotetsu sweats slightly "y/n! come on or we're gonna be late" naruto pulls my hand back and towards the third floor.

(you were in the bathroom when rock lee challenged sasuke)

we had entered the exam room to see many genin from all different places, 'sound ninja...the sound village was only created recently huh..' i stare at the very few sound ninja in the near back of the room

"who's someone you would like to know something about?" i focus my attention back on the rest of the 9 other rookies as well as a white haired boy who goes by the name of kabuto, at first i wanted to avoided him since he gave me a weird vibe, it just felt off. "gaara of the sand and rock lee" sasuke says standing in front of kabuto, he does something with the cards he had in hand and handed two to sasuke who intensely stares at the information on them

"so kabuto." i walk past the others i had been standing behind to get to where kabuto was "how long have you been a genin?" i glare at him "aha awhile actually...this is my 7th attempt at the chunin exams" he 'smiles' at me "at what part did you fail the last exam" i continue questioning him, he hesitates for a moment "during the second part, it was a little too difficult for me" i hummed thinking for a second "what did you have to do for the second part?" he hesitates again but before he can say anything someone appears startling everyone "alright maggots!" shouts a bald guy with a 2 scars adorning his face "i'm ibiki morino, i will be your first exam proctor!"

-

we were all taken to another room and sat down at desk, there were 3 rows that sat 4 people at each desk. "alright, you will all be doing a test" several sighs and ughs echoed through the room 'just a test? there's got to be more to this.' "now first is the rules! no cheating, if you are caught cheating 5 times then you will be sent out of the room and disqualified.." he explains the rest of the rules as papers were handed to everyone, all of the papers facing down so we couldn't start early "now, start!" the sound of paper being turned over echoed throughout the room.

the questions on this test were meant to be extremely difficult, there's a chance not even the hokage could answer them all without help, however i used to study a lot before becoming a genin, i would stay up till midnight feeding my brain with all the information i could from the books i stole from a few extra rooms situated in the hokage's building, i managed to get my hands on a bingo book once as well.

-

i let out a deep breath having finished the test, after turning the paper over i look around to see everyone cheating, i knew cheating was the point of this test, ibiki wanted to see how well we could gather information discreetly, my eyes land on kabuto who was peacefully writing on his paper 'i'll keep my eye on him' i look away and lay my head on the desk feeling tired .

-

"times up! it's time for the 10th question!" i'm pulled awake by a very loud voice "before i give you this question, you must all know that if you choose to stay and take this question and fail then you will be disqualified and unable to participate in the chunin exams ever again, however if you choose to leave now then you will be disqualified as well as your teammates but able to take the chunin exams again." after a moment of silence a few hands were raised which thinned out the numbers but only by a little, i look ahead of me to see naruto raising his hand 'is he really?' i pinch the bridge of my nose feeling annoyed that naruto really would quit but surprisingly he slams his fist down on the table "naruto uzumaki would never quit no matter what! believe it!" he crosses his arms and slouches back in his seat "well then, you all.....pass!" a little surprised by this i stop myself from dosing off and focus on ibiki who went on to explain what the test was for, some of which i already knew.

a crash comes from the window near ibiki as a cloth and 4 kunai are thrown into the room "hey you guys! this is no time to be celebrating!" a woman with dark purpleish hair is standing in front of the cloth, sporting a thin fish net jumpsuit that stopped at her mid thighs as well as an orange short skirt and a beige jacket "i'll be your proctor for the 2nd exam! anko mitarashi!" she has one arm extend out as she smugly looks at us all. everyone in the room just stares at her dumbfounded. ibiki steps out from behind the cloth slightly "read the atmosphere..." she freezes and a blush appears on her face then turns back to face us

"hah, why're there so many this year ibiki, i guess the first exam was just too easy?" ibiki sweats "no it just seems that there are a lot of promising kids this year" "yeah right! i'll drop half of them by the end of the second exam" anko yells loudly and proudly for everyone to hear. "the details will be announced tomorrow and the location will be changed, ask your jonin sensei for the location and time!" and with that she dismissed us, everyone sweat dropped at anko and how fierce she was, but still got up and left.

wanting to ask naruto to go eat some ramen with me i hurry out of my seat and towards the door that naruto had already run out of, before i can leave a big hand appears in front of me, looking to the left at the owner of the hand i tilt my head confused "is something wrong?" i face ibiki completely nearly breaking my neck trying to look directly at his face

"where did you learn how to answer these and in such short time" he holds out my test paper in front of me "the academy...?" i smile hoping he'll believe me "you're talking to the commanding officer of the torture and interrogation unit" he stares at me probably thinking i'm an idiot for even trying to lie

"i stole some books from the hokage's building" i say bluntly with no expression on my face, he however flinched back and was staring at me completely and utterly confused, he recomposed himself "ahem...so you're the one who's been stealing those books. is it alright to assume you also stole a bingo book" he glares "ehe....sorry?" i scratch my cheek with one finger sheepishly "you've got some talent for sneaking around huh" he pats my head smiling slightly "uh...can i go now sir?" i push his hand off my head already walking backwards towards the door "yes you may" and with that i zoom off to find naruto.

-

after looking for naruto i finally found him already sitting at ichiraku "naruto!" i jump up on the chair next to him "do you mind if i join?" i smile while fishing out my wallet, i had just enough for two bowls "i don't mind at all!" he smiles back giving me a thumbs up

"ah yeah naruto?" i finished ordering my ramen so i could talk to naruto "hm?" he said with a mouthful of noodles "you didn't answer any of the questions on the test did you?" he chokes, quickly chugging some water and hitting his chest "wh-what makes you say that y/n" he had said that while looking extremely suspicious "it's ok, you still passed i just wanted to know" a bowl had been placed in front of me so i dug in "what about you y/n? did you answer any?" i swallow the mouthful i had "yup, all of them" he falls over anime-style "h-how?!" he yells before taking another bite of his ramen "because i study naruto." i laugh a little and continue eating my ramen with naruto.

——————————————
i think the chunin chapters will be easier to write about since i already have ideas in my head! so i'll prolly have them out quicker than others, anyways cya!