23. back in time

(i just want to note that in this story kushina and minato's relationship wasn't solid so at the timeline y/n goes to minato and kushina are not together but they are still both naruto's parents, i love them as a couple so i hate to break them apart)

"miss? excuse me miss?"

i scrunch up my eyebrows and slowly open my eyes, in front of me was a young blonde haired man with gorgeous blue eyes "huh..?" i slowly sit up and look around to see that i'm on the ground in a wooded area, i could see the stone faces far in the distance however it looked like 2 were missing.

now very confused i look back at the blonde haired man to see he resembled one of the stone faces 'fourth hokage?' i question myself mentally, he begins to speak but i ignore him and look behind him to see 3 kids around the age of 12, one had black spikey hair and orange goggles, there was a girl with short brown hair and purple strips on her cheeks, lastly there was a familiar boy with a mask and white messy hair.

"kakashi?" i accidentally say aloud, the familiar boy looks at me confused "kakashi do you know this girl?" the blonde man turns back to the boy "no, i'v never seen her before.." he had a tired look on his face.

"hey do you mind telling me where i am?" i tap the blonde's shoulder "ah, you're in the leaf village" he smiles gently "my name is minato namikaze and these 3 are my students" he gestures to the kids behind him, he looks back at me expectantly however i ignore his gaze and activate my byakugan to see kakashi's chakra, surprising the 4 at the same time 'it's definitely kakashi sensei...does this mean i went back in time..a genjutsu perhaps? or is this just a dream?'

my widened eyes flicker over to the black haired boy who's chakra was the same as tobi's 'that means...' i deactivate my byakugan and let out a heavy sigh "miss...can i have your name?" minato interrupts my chaotic thoughts "huh? oh yeah..my name is y/n." "y/n hyuga..?" i raise my eyebrow at him "no, just y/n" i stand up and examine my surroundings again, looking up at the stone wall, there were definitely only 3 faces carved into it.

"excuse me, minato?" i turn around to question the sensei "hm?" he hums with a slightly forced smile "can i speak to the hokage?" he seemed hesitant but nonetheless still agreed.

-(its night time)

while walking next to minato, my thoughts were racing 'why did i even ask to see the hokage!? i can't lie and say i'm just a traveler after letting those 4 see my byakugan...ahhh! this sucks' "pfft" i click my tongue in annoyance at rinens muffled laughter, catching minato's attention "is something wrong?" i glance at him and shake my head "i was just.." i pause to think of an excuse "trying to remember why i'm here! the only thing i really remember is my name" he nods in understanding "then instead of going to the hokage, i think we should take you to the hospital" "oh, yes thank you" i smile gently as we turn to head towards the hospital.

after having a nurse check over me and diagnose me with 'amnesia' i was allowed to leave the hospital, strangely the blonde haired man, minato, was waiting outside for me and as soon as he sees me he jogs over.

"why're you still here..?" i look at him questionably "ah, i just wanted to make sure you were ok and" he pauses for a moment, looking away shyly "if you don't have a place to stay you can stay with me" a tiny blush dusts my cheeks "w-well if you're ok with it.." he gives a closed eyed smile and motions for me to follow him.

-

"sorry for intruding..." i whisper whilst slipping off my shoes and walking into minato's apartment. after entering the kitchen minato was already there tying a cute yet plain pink apron on "i hope you're ok with katsudon" he reaches into a few cupboards, pulling out different things "katsudon sounds great" i give him a small smile then walk over to sit at the dining table.