13. the clouds that cry with her

(you and itachi organised a meeting place after he told you what his sickness was like) (yt vid above has music that suits this chapter)

i giggle to myself after successfully getting away from the akatsuki "easy peasy!" i shoot my arms up above me in excitement before dropping them and walking towards an abandoned village/building.

on the way i noticed dark clouds forming in the sky "the old village is 5 more hours away..please don't rain" i cross my fingers in hopes of stalling the rain until i arrived, at the destination itachi told me about.

-meanwhile..

"nagato?!" a man with long white hair yells at another man with vibrant orange hair "hello sensei" the man stares blankly at the sanin...

-3rd pov (2 hours later)

a soaked h/c haired girl sighs to herself and quickly jogs over to a cave to take cover, as it had started to rain, "just my luck" she grumbles while laying her black and red cloak on the ground. after getting comfortable she closes her eyes for a moment, however...
.
.
.
a sharp pain stings her heart "w-what's..-" she chokes out and bends over in pain before her hands lift up and move on their own, forming 2 hand signs.

a man appeared.

a bloodied and beaten man with several black rods sticking out of his back "j-jiraiya.." the girls e/c eyes widen in shock "jiraiya?!" she yells and quickly begins to pull out the poles, immediately healing them once she removed them all. "u..gh.." the bruised man moves a bit "jiraiya don't move! i'm healing you right now so just take it easy!" she yells in a rushed and worried tone.

jiraiya turns over to look at her, he tries to speak but nothing comes out "jiraiya it'll be ok.." she chokes out as her eyes begun to water, a few salty drops slipping out "your arm... JIRAIYA YOUR ARM!" she stops healing his back and moves to his missing left arm that she somehow didn't notice, she quickly rips apart her akatsuki cloak and ties strings of it tightly around the end of the mans missing arm.

an arm reaches up to touch her shoulder, she looks down at the man in an instant "jiraiya.." her eyes slowly water even more as she stares at the man who held a proud smile on his face, he then moves his only arm and writes 2 words in the dirt.

it's ok

she stares at the words, reading them over and over again "n-no.."she grabs jiraiya's arm and squeezes it tightly "no please..jiraiya" she pulls his hand close to her face.

she feels herself freeze up once the arm she was holding goes limp "jiraiya

she feels herself freeze up once the arm she was holding goes limp "jiraiya.." her body shakes as she stares at the man she thought of as a sensei "ji-jiraiya wake up.." she shakes his body gently "no.." she stands up and stumbles back, falling on the ground again outside.

"no......no.....no...no..no no no NO!" she repeats to herself, screaming at the top of her lungs with tears running down her cheeks, her hands shaking viscously she looks up again at jiraiya's body before dropping her arms limply and staring up at the sky.

her mouth opens as she lets out a heart breaking scream that is soon silenced by the rain that grows heavier and heavier...
.
.
.
.
.
.