58.

Revenge is a dish best served heartless.

Halwright.

"Benjamin!" Mael roared as he flew up to meet Ben who hovered in the air protected by his shields, the witch looked at him with a cold smile which spoke evil in many ways. "How could you?" The angel questioned as he held his hand out to the witch but Ben remained silent, he was reveling in Mael's agony. "Revenge is a dish best served heartless, you told me that." The golden man with horns replied standing beside Ben, this shocked the angel but not for long.

"He was your friend." Mael argued but he saw no remorse in Ben or the person beside him. "And he is my son, you attacked him and left him for dead and I did something to show you that I won't tolerate you laying your broken hands on my children." Ben replied as he aimed a lance at Mael who dodged easily but still, his anger was building. "That was a life you so casually took." The angel mumbled but the witch in front of him scoffed.

"He was a traitor, he broke my heart, and I took him from you, you should be more worried about the lives of the many you have brought to the slaughter tonight my dear Mael, my children aren't forgiving and they kill mercilessly." Ben exclaimed as malice and sin spewed from his tongue. "You'll regret this." Mael mumbled as six pairs of wings burst from his back, each pair glowing white in the setting sun.

~~~~~

"Your Majesty." The lone figure of Devin's cousin appeared in front of him, his ghost form transparent yet tangible, he always had neat tricks up his sleeve with how he used his mana, it wasn't surprising to see him though, Devin had always known he would face him at some point. "So you've finally come." Devin called out as he stood on nothing, it was as if his own body rejected the ground he walked on.

"I had no choice but to come, allowing your reign and the thrive of Halwright would be a mistake itself wouldn't you agree." The man replied as a whip appeared in his palm, it pulsed with golden energy in its wielder's palm. "You dare insult me by bringing a forbidden weapon to combat." Devin roared as he whirled around to look at the form of his cousin. "My intentions are not pure, my will is my own but this battle must be won." The ghost replied looking at his king, the one he bannered for as a nobleman.

"How would I set an example to all the others when my own is disrespectful of our laws?" Devin questioned. "Tell me Region." He added as he looked down upon the boy from where he stood in the air. "You're not supposed to rule, all my life I was compared to you, I was to live for you, but maybe not this time." Region announced as he cracked his whip and the multitude appeared ready to attack Devin. "Foolish child." The phantom king spoke as bright white flashed all around them, a crown appeared atop his head, it's interweaving symbols and codes making its structure, but all of him stood in his true form, the phantom reaper.

"Tell me, all of you, do you fear death?" He asked as crows in the distance began to appear, the phantom's eyes turned white without a drop of black, and he too burst into a fury of black crows. "Reapers Revenge." Devin mumbled as he completely vanished, crows burst all around the small army, they didn't scratch or bite they merely passed through them. "Put up your shields!" Region yelled but it was too late, for every crow that passed a mystic the reaper's blade followed, the man tried to kill as many of the damned birds with his whip but they kept reappearing.

A hazy image of Devin appeared from in between the crows, Region looked at him with rage filling his gut but there was nothing he could do, Devin was using the most advanced form of combat in phantom form and each crow represented him in a way that should scare any living being, it was subtle death. "Face me you coward!" Region yelled as he lashed out with his whip but a pitch black hand passed through his form, he knew then, he had lost, Devin wasn't holding his ghost form, no, he was holding his soul, and it terrified him.