50.

I wasn't born powerful, I earned my power.

Benjamin Syre.

The air was cold, the northern mountains always were, his magic was keeping everyone warm but it didn't mean at some point they could feel how cold they would be without his magic, they had hiked up the mountain in search of the tomb, searched almost every inch of the elusive shade mountains, it was said that a powerful witch had created the mountains as a defense in the early century, the Artiste of Shade, his name is still revered as is his magic and creations.

"Sugarplum we need a new plan, obviously the tomb is here but the mountains go on for quite a stretch and I can't have you trekking even more in your condition, let's search for a trace of concentrated magic." Hayes expressed with concern for his mate etched in every word. "He's right Ben, we need a better search." Lario supported and the witch wasn't going to argue and honestly it was a better idea than just looking around for an entryway.

"I will look, you're already heating us up in this cold." Alarion offered with a shrug and placed a gloved palm on the ice covered mountain plain, the angel released his magic into every part of the large rock, he searched until he found what he was looking for in southwest. "Southwest, there is a clearing underground, it's sealed with demon magic, and inside is a heavy concentration of magic." Alarion reported with a happy grin. "Thank you Alarion, let's get a move on." Lario urged and the four of them followed after Alarion as he led the way.

Ever since he ripped Corey's mind apart, he had one goal in mind, make sure the abominations never awaken and make sure that he told them of Gariell, the monster of all monsters. He led them forward toward the tomb, and as they got closer the cold was harsh and unforgiving, Ben's magic pulsed around all of them, it was so cold that steam rose off their bodies when the two forces of nature were in contact.

Benjamin could feel the repulsion centered around the tomb, it was warding them off with the cold but they had no option, ever since he realized that his seal could lock away abilities from any being and that Mael feared his flame could destroy immortal beings he was determined to make sure that the abominations weren't set free. "We're close." Lario called out, Hayes had put a shield around all four of them because it was the only way they could see past the blizzard.

They all trudged onward despite the harsh cold until the came to the eye of the blizzard, it was calm and peaceful unlike the surrounding areas, Alarion tried to move past the invisible barrier but he was thrown back by a blast of ice, Lario made sure he was okay. "It won't let me through." Hayes growled and the witch realized he was the only one who could pass through. "I have to do it alone." Ben announced and Hayes was already against the idea, the demon was worried already.

"There has to be another way, back me up here." Hayes argued looking at the angel and witch behind him, they didn't respond because they knew Ben was right. "You have to trust me, I can do this babe." Ben comforted his mate who was ever reluctant. "If you don't come back within the hour I will break down this mountain myself to get to you." Hayes promised and leaned down to kiss Ben, it was reassurance for him that his mate and child would be safe. "I love you." Ben mumbled to his mate.

"I love you, even more, come back safe." Hayes responded just as Ben's whole body glowed with power, heat like the sun radiated off him just as he slipped past the cold barrier, it didn't lead him forward, rather downward, the witch heaved a breath and calmed his heart. "Let's make this quick Remmy your papa will have me by my knees if I don't do this and get out." Ben mumbled caressing his stomach.

He began to descend the stairs, each step he took the more power he felt, he felt like he was descending into an abyss of infinite darkness until the stairwell just stopped on a platform ahead of him, a sphere of light appeared in his palm, it lit every part of the dark carved out mountain. "This isn't scary at all." The witch mumbled with a chuckle. "Oh it isn't." Nico replied with a glare at Ben, the witch looked perfectly at home covered in darkness.