22.

Halwright.
Great Hall.

"Wow this place looks amazing, Kyra was right you really are a master at this." Robin stood by Ben as he complimented the witch and how he had decorated the hall for the ball that was to be held in a few hours. It had been a while  since the witch had been attacked by the Vastorway Mystics. Today they would be attending a ball aimed at creating peace with their neighboring school.

"Thanks Robin, I thought maybe if we treated those dickhead nobles nicely they would at least be nice in return but I know better." Robin nods as he came to hug Ben. "What was that for?" The perplexed witch asked. "A small thank you, you helped me get justice for my mother and helped me realize my irregular mutation makes me stronger not weak and that it's part of me, it's why the elder vampires convinced my father to send me here, but I'm their future king so they can't do shit to me." The two chuckled as Robin explained in further detail all he had done with the help from Roman.

"So I take it you're finally glad I told you to talk to your dad?" The witch asked. "Yes I am and now all I have to worry about is the impending doom of the place I call home, the vampire nobles still consider me an outcast but that ain't shit, I love it here." Ben could relate to Robin, he too felt Halwright was the right place he had to be.

"So anything I can help with?" The vampire asked. "No but we can go for a walk, Kyra and Carter should be done soon with the entrance." The two mystics walk out laughing.

"Who knew the little witch would tame the savage and befriend him." Tai spoke beside Theo. "I just regret all the things I've done, he's so nice and his aura is warm, though he's strong I can't bring myself to figure out why I hated him Tai." Theo wipes a lone tear that trailed down his cheek.

"Try talking to him again, and apologize like you mean it, I know how empty your apologies can be, so mean what you say, alright." The two shared a kiss as Tai flew off from the south entrance of the hall.

------

Paige had been walking engrossed in the list he had been given by Ben of the things needed for the ball. In an instant, he had collided with something hard like a wall, but when he looked up he saw the were he once loved. He looked like he had lost weight, he had taken back his control over the shifters, after Ramos was found beaten and barely clinging to life. Although he had been healed he was going to be weak for a long while.

"Excuse me." The siren spoke moving to the left and passing the shifter. Paige didn't want to know what he had to say, he was angry for Tate keeping Lucian and him apart, he was hurt most of all he was relived that for once he was appreciated and he wouldn't be crying whilst cleaning cum on his chin.

"Paige I'm so—" He was cut off by a raised hand. The siren had made him mute, his telepathy showing in his purple eyes. "Don't say it, I don't want to hear it, you don't need me and honestly I don't need you too. I'm happy with the mate you kept me away from and I'm even happier knowing I don't have to deal with your crap, so please leave me alone." The siren released the shifter and began walking away. The smile on his face never fading, he was indeed free of the shackles of a toxic friendship.

He made his way into the hall and found Lario and Hayes, lifting the large table to a corner with their magic. "I hate doing labor like this." The demon muttered. "Tell that to Ben he gave the school workers who usually do all this the day off." The siren laughed as he made his way to a table where Carter and Devin were mixing drinks.

"Okay you're doing that like a pro." He pointed to the spinning bottle of vodka mix. "Of course he would be doing it, classic bitch moves." The three laugh. Lucian made his way to them. The dragon seemed tired. "Next time you guys are doing the heavy lifting, I think I pulled something." He massaged his shoulder as if curbing the pain. Ben appeared and gently laid his hands on the dragon's shoulders.

Healing and massaging. "Right there, oh yeah!! Yes, that right there." The dragon grunts as Ben finished. "Okay now I know who makes more moans between you two, grunting like that as if you were cumming boy." Carter made the dragon flush lightly as Paige and the rest burst out in a frenzy of laughter.

"Hey baby." The demon came behind Ben and held him, grinding his cock onto Ben making the witch flush as well. "Finally we're done next time I'm not doing this Ben while you and Robin walk around for shit!!" Kyra stood by Robin yelling.

"Thank you." Lucian smiled as he looked at Ben. "No problem. And Kyra I'm sorry." The witch's apology made Kyra sigh. The faction leaders had prepared for the ball themselves as Ben wanted to build broken friendships. "It was really good working with you guys." Devin spoke. The rest nod. "I wish, Alarion, Connor, Theo, and Tate, were here." He adds.

-----

They sat by a table which they usually sat inside the Dining hall, which was part of the Great hall itself, the building had been sectioned off to accommodate each item properly, from the dining hall, assembly hall, the council room, and the overall event hall.

"Kyra have you considered taking back your position as the witch supreme? The witches are in literal chaos." The witch in question sighs he knew that at some point he had to help his own kind but for that to be a possibility they had to have learned their lesson. "Not yet, they have to learn their lesson." He replied the phantom who had asked him. "Alright then."

"So we all know the drill about Vastorway academy tonight, their school and their representatives are coming here, Mael is their council president and I really don't like him, with whatever happened that time I'm sure he sent them." They all knew the attempt on Ben which failed miserably.

"Yeah we do. But I still don't understand what you meant when you said Vastorway has connections with some students here." Carter spoke up as he ate the tender flesh on his plate, everyone had become accustomed to it and they didn't feel repulsed since Carter was their friend and for him to live he needed flesh. "I guess I have to spill a secret or two." Kyra spoke up.

"Tone muffle." Devin cast a sound barrier that no one would hear aside from them.

"Thank you. Mael is Alarion's brother, he wants some sort of power over Alarion since he was adorned with the pillars of control and Alarion was adorned with the pillars of light. That's all I could get when I dug into the family history, but that's not all the leaders themselves want Halwright destroyed because it's a nuisance, and we cannot be controlled." The whole group snickers. The horns to signal the arrival of the Vastorway students blares all around the school.

"Well it's time to entertain our guests." Ben spoke. As all of them stood to their feet, they had finished eating. "Everyone be careful and have your guard up always." They nod and walk to the ballroom.

The students came into the large ballroom. It was filled with all the 11 species found at both schools as they interacted. "Thank you everyone for attending our annual ball and anniversary of the long-standing tradition between our schools. A special thank you, to Roman and his friends for making this event a success, enjoy." Mr. Wyne gave his speech and left the podium.

-----

"Hello Roman." The witch and his demon turn to meet the gaze of five, all we're taller than him the one who stood in front of him was an angel who held himself high in his own regard much to Ben's disdain. "Hello Mael." Hayes replied to the angel, as Ben smirked. He could see the rage in the angel's eyes.

"Hello Hayes, nice to see you again." The angel held out his hand as Hayes went to shake it Ben turned him around. "Babe look we have an emergency come on." He drags the demon away from the angel. "Smart, you think he knows." A were stood beside the angel. "Yes he does." A girl with long black hair replied standing beside the two males.

"Tonight will be interesting." A vampire appeared beside the other girl, she stood there in awe as she looked over at Ben."Quit staring bitches, all of you it's weird." The cocky wendigo spoke up and went to hug Ben.

They all looked at the two interact. "Indeed it's going to be interesting."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

LMJ