~~ 46. ~~

*There are two powers in the world; one of the sword and the other is the pen. There is great competition and rivalry between the two. There is a strong power than both; WOMAN - Mohammed Ali Jinnah*

           They got to Demilade mansion almost two hours later. The women were so excited to see Bayo and so was the latter. Bayo sat down with the two women and they discussed like a mother to son and grandmother to grandson.

           It wasn't only Demilade that felt like family to him. His family also felt like his own family. Since he lost his mother, he had taken Demilade mother like his own mother. When they were young and Bayo will come over from school to Demilade's house, she treated them as equals. She tried to get anything she bought for Demilade for him even if it is cheap - not like Bayo actually minded. She cooked food for him and send it over to their house. She scolds him like she will scold Demilade. When he was busy dating different girls and breaking their hearts, she will always call him and advise him. Something his father doesn't have time to do. Not that his father doesn't care but he will just watch his children until they make a mistake then he will correct them and make sure they don't forget about the mistake that they made which will serve as a lesson for the child.

         And Grandma Grace 'grams' as he and Demilade usually call her was a woman of a kind. She is never impartial. And the woman seems to be tougher than Mrs Jolaoluwa. At the time he was scared of her and whenever he was around her, he will be on good behaviour. Because she won't know if you are someone's child, she beats you when a child does something bad.

           But as time goes on, he began to warm up to her when her craziness begins to reduce.

        They talked about his family and his father together with his siblings.

"Bayo, I was thinking about something to take your workaholic friend away from his work for the time being. Can you believe he still goes to work just two days after he returned from his trip? He even spends almost all his time at home in his study when he gets back." Grandma Grace said as she look at her grandson who just walked into the sitting room after going to his room when he arrived to shower and change his cloth." I still wonder how Lola copes with him. But I guess they understand each other. "

       Demilade said nothing.

"I think so too." Bayo agreed. "And what's that Grams that you want to suggest?" Bayo asked. He knew Demilade will not like whatever they were planning. The way he was looking at his grandmother already tell that.

"I'm thinking about a week or two vacations to the beach house. It would be nice if you and your wife come too."

"Grandma, you are talking like I had already agreed to this. I am..."

"I'm in grams," Bayo said cutting his friends short. He had a sly smile on his face and Demilade turned his way shooting him a dagger with his eyes. "Helen had been talking about a vacation for a while now. I think she will love the idea."

"Grams I'm busy at work. I don't think that will work. Lola is also about to leave." Demilade said trying to give an excuse so the vacation won't hold.

"That is the goal of the vacation to take you away from your work. Son, you need to rest." His grandmother said.

"Your grandmother is right Ade. Have fun for a while. That company won't fall in just two weeks." Mrs Jolaoluwa said.

           Demilade was about to say something when Lola came into the living room. She had left them after she served them lunch. She doesn't want to feel like a third party. She had been with the women talking about everything and nothing in particular since the beginning of that day. So when she saw how excited the women were to see Bayo, she served them and excused herself to her room to call her dad and also continued reading.