~~ 47. ~~

*If you want something said ask a man. If you want something done ask a woman - Margaret Thatcher*

                   They left the house together immediately after Demilade returned from wherever he went in the morning. He didn't bother to change. He wore blue jeans and a navy blue polo with a long sleeve wherever he went. Which made Lola think it wasn't his office he went to. And that had been what he wore when they left the house.

"Should I call Mrs Bakare to help you with the shopping?" He asked Lola on their way.

           She cringes her face. "No." She can still remember the last ordeal with the woman and her assistant.

           She loves expensive things. And she doesn't feel remorse for spending so much money on just material things. Even those she picked are still in her wardrobe. There are some that she hasn't even worn.

"No. I can pick my cloth." She said.

"Okay." He answered and he turned back to the road.

§§§§§

              Demilade has finished picking the thing he needs at the mall. He had decided to start his shopping because he knows Lola will take a lot of time to shop. Women are generally slow when it comes to shopping for clothes and shoes. Even when they dress to go out.

           But he had sat for almost an hour and a half and yet Lola had not picked a cloth. When she returned with the attendant, he gave her a questioning look when they returned empty-handed.

"What is it, Lola?" He asked in a controlled voice. He was beginning to think Lola was intentionally getting on his nerve.

"Is there no cheaper mall or boutique?" She asked with her hand folded on her chest and a small frown on her face.

          He sighed. Sometimes he always thinks there was little difference between Lola and a little child.

"Lord!" He exclaimed under his breath. Then he asked. "Why?"

"Because the price tag can make someone want to run away. There are fucking too expensive!" She complained.

          Demilade closed his eyes and then open them.

"Lola, you just have to pick and I will be the one to pay."

"Well, I don't want to. It's a waste of money. Just because you have the money doesn't mean you should waste it. The clothes are just for vacation for God's sake!"

"If people won't buy them, then there won't have an open mall with expensive clothes. Some people can afford it. I can. So just go pick what you want." Demilade said dismissively.

"Fine. I will pick a cloth then." She huffed and turned around to leave. She was stopped by Demilade's frustrated voice.

"Stop getting on my nerve Tiwalola." He said in a controlled voice.

          She turned back around and stared at him. Now she can tell he was angry. She turned to the attendant that was standing beside her. She was busy shamelessly ogling at Demilade which is making her angrier.

"Please excuse us." She said rudely.

          The lady looked at her. She gave a small smile that didn't get to her eyes before she nodded. She gave Demilade a look before she reluctantly walked away.

"Must everything be about yourself?" She asked when the lady was far from earshot.

          He quirks his brow not uttering a word.