~~ 64. ~~

*Strangers are just friends waiting to happen. - Rod McKuen*

Daniel stared at him before he looked away. He was quiet for a while before he finally asked what was on his mind.

"What is my sister to you? I need an honest answer," he said. There was a way he said it that look like he was threatening Demilade.

A small smile tugged up Demilade lips. Although he was stupefied at the question. He wasn't expecting him to ask that. He liked him already. He liked his boldness and the fact that he was concerned about his sister heightened his love for him.

Daniel continued when Demilade said nothing but just studied him with his eyes. He thought he difn't want to answer.

"I know about the deal... and some of the things you did." Demilade just nodded. "But it looks like things change. But I am still not sure yet. I don't want my sister to get hurt but I don't have control over this situation. I know she loves you. I know that." He said confidently."I like someone very much too... so I know the feeling. And also I am my sister's best friend and she is also mine. She tells me almost everything. And my sister never talks about any guy as she talks about you."

"I see it in her eyes. She has dated some stupid guys that don't know her worth in the past. But there is something about you that she found so different. She talked about you differently despite what you did to her in the past. My sister likes you a lot. But I am afraid for her," he said the last part quietly.

Then he continued, "You are different from us. You are different from her in a lot of ways. You are older, influential, wealthy and more experienced. I would not want to see my sister heartbroken because she seems to want to take this.... new relationship seriously. I don't know if she told you but... She had been everything to our family. She sacrifices a lot for us. She is the mother that I never had. She is the mother of those twins. She is a pillar for my dad. From a very young age, she was forced to grow early, take on a huge responsibility, and take care of everyone. And she always did. She put everyone first before herself. She was there to always give dad the support and encouragement he need. My daddy learn how to live and depend on her since his wife left. I learn to be confident and devoted through her. The twins never felt alone or motherless because she was always there for them. She isn't just my sister. She is my mother. And I won't sit and watch her get hurt."

"I supported the idea of visiting your home because I find it to be an opportunity to meet you. I don't know you nor have I seen you before unlike my sister's exes. I read a few things about you but I have grown to learn that it is not all that is in the tabloid that is real and the truth. The tabloid and media post things they want you to believe. So I know better. That is why I couldn't conclude. I don't want to see sister Lola get heartbroken. That's the least that I can do to repay her.

Demilade lips quirk into a small smile. He just has a solid reason to love this boy the more. Because he could see an overprotective, devoted brother who adores, loves and care for his sister. And inwardly, he commend Mr Bamidele on how well he trained his children.

He was moved by his speech and his deep concern for his sister. So he answered the boy.

"Daniel, right?" The boy nodded. "First, I am not angry at your question. In fact, I am glad that you can be a man for your sister. Not all brothers care." He paused. "So I will tell you this because I know you are smart and intelligent. I know that I am different in strata from your family but I wasn't born rich. I grew up like you from nothing... If not worst. I know what you are thinking. That is my past. Yes, it's my past but I don't see the difference. I never have any reason, to be honest with anyone except those that matter and whom I care about. I am just meeting you for the first time but I will be honest with you because like I said you are smart and intelligent.