~~ 41. ~~

* It’s funny how someone can seem normal to you one day only for you to realize the next day that you are in love with them. It is like a light bulb suddenly being turned on. *

         It's been six hours since Demilade asked his driver to pick Lola up at her father's house. She was back to the familiar beautiful and lonely mansion that belong to one man. And it had been four hours since she arrived at the house. She had hoped to see Demilade when she got to the house. But she was greeted by an empty house. Even Deborah wasn't home. Jubril, the gateman had told her she went to get something at the supermarket and she would be back on time.

            She had waited for the both of them and Debbie returned thirty-five minutes after she arrived at the house. But Demilade was nowhere to be found. Deborah had told her he was in the study. That he needs to be alone for a while and she should make herself comfortable. 

          She wondered why he had to be in his study again when he just returned from a trip from which he needs to rest from. She settled in her room and later went to the living room to watch movies.

          Although deep down, she was eager to see him. It was just two weeks that he had left but it felt like months. She had been dreaming of seeing him since he called that night. She knew the last time they saw each other, it was isn't on a good note but the call and... whatever she felt inside her heart had pacified her. And she can't stop thinking about the handsome billionaire that happened to be her fake boyfriend 42

           She was chatting on the phone with her friends when she heard footsteps approaching. And as much as she wants to see him, she didn't look up from her phone since she knew it was him.

          He cleared his throat and then she finally looked up at him. He looked a little bit more drained than the last time she saw him. He looked exhausted. His eyes were tired and had bags underneath them.

            But he was still handsome nevertheless. He even looked quite cute with the way he was staring at her. And all the anger she felt for him for leaving her in the living room for almost five hours disappeared. And she fights the urge not to pull him into an embrace.

          So she keep her hands firmly to herself and looked away.

"Hi."

"Hi." She replied curtly. She tried to keep away any feelings from her speech.

"Sorry for keeping you waiting. I had to do some work when I got back. How is your family?"

"They are good. And it's fine despite your impromptu call that you were already in the country." She said.

           Demilade had spent a little time with Lola to know there was more to what she said. There was something in her undertones. And he knew she was indirectly scolding him for not calling on time.

            The truth was he had forgotten about her coming back to stay with him for one more week. His thoughts were that she was going to be in the house waiting for him. His brief call with Bayo on his way home had reminded him about her returning to the house. He had a lot on his mind. And that had been what prompt the impromptu call.

"Sorry about that." He said and he looked at her. She just shrugged and looked away. His eyes suddenly ran down her body. He liked what he saw. She is always pretty in every dress she is in and she always manages to showcase any part of her flawless body in a polite but sexy manner.

            She was in a short - not too short - light flower gown that had an off-shoulder and a puffy sleeve ending with an elastic band just like the top edge. She was still in the braid she made the last time but it still look neat on her and she looked adorable with how she packed it into two.