~~ 84. ~~

Please read the Author's note at the end of the chapter.

*Internal healing is what lets us to take care of our external body and circumstances... Resentment is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. *

"Ehm, I got a call from Aunt Mariam," Demilade said to his mother during their conversation at his mother's house.

He and Lola had gone to visit the women as promised that weekend.

"Why did she call you?" Grams asked almost immediately with a frown. She sounded annoyed.

"When last did she call you?" His mother asked with the same irritated tone.

Lola sat beside her boyfriend, listening to their conversation quietly. She could tell that the women weren't pleased with whosoever it was that called Demilade.

"Sometimes her children call and I call to greet her and grand uncle a few times. But she called me two days ago to tell me personally about Dare's wedding. And also what the family wants me to do to contribute to the wedding." Demilade replied to them.

"That is just like her." His mother sneered. "She calls only when she needs money. She doesn't have shame." Mrs. Jolaoluwa said exasperatedly as she adjusted her blouse.

Lola gave her a surprised look. She had never heard the woman speak in such a tone or insult someone before. So it surprised her to hear such a word and tone from her.

Demilade didn't say anything. He just glanced at his mother and then turned back to his grandmother who had the same expression as his mother.

"How much did she ask you to contribute?" Mrs. Grace asked her grandson with the same irritated tone as her daughter.

"Four million."

"Four million?!" She exclaimed and then shook her head. She turned to Lola saying, "See how your boyfriend calls four million like it is a piece of cake." She gave a small smile in reply.

She was used to it. That money was like a change to him. She also found it a bit annoying how he can be nonchalant about money when she first met him but she was already learning to accept that it was nothing to him.

"She doesn't even have shame." Mrs. Jolaoluwa sneered.

Lola was certain that Mrs. Jolaoluwa does not like the person they were talking about.

"So what do you plan to do grandson?" Mrs. Grace asked her grandson despite her already knowing the answer.

Demilade shrugged. "You know the answer grams. I'm helping them with the money."

"Well dear, you are giving them nothing." Demilade frowned but his grandmother continued before he could interrupt her. "I will call her and tell her that you are not helping with anything. I am not allowing that." Mrs. Grace said with a tone of finality.

"Grams, you can't do that." Demilade disagreed.

"Well, I already did once and I will do it again. This time nothing is changing my mind. It's not her choice to make. We should decide how we want to help not her making ridiculous demands." She stated. "How will she ask my grandson to contribute four million? Is it his elder brother that is getting married? She must be having a loose screw in her head. What do you think Lola dear?"

Lola seem surprised at the question. She doesn't want to meddle in their family matter but it is like they want her to add to the conversation.

She glanced at Demilade who was also expecting an answer from her.