~~ 86. ~~

*The heart is a thousand-stringed instrument that can only be tuned with Love. - Hafiz*

Song for the chapter: PERFECT By Ed Sheeran, YOU MEAN TO TELL ME By Tatiana Manaois, and LIFETIME By Justin Bieber

"Where is my phone," Demilade asked his PA immediately after they walked out of the three hours conference meeting they had in Los Angeles. Dayo wasn't able to answer him as they had to stop for Demilade to exchange greetings with some men before he left them and went straight for the elevator. They came out of the building and their car was waiting among the line of cars and limousines parked in front of the building waiting for their owners.

The chauffeur that was hired earlier that day for him was waiting for them outside the building beside the car. He opened up the car on seeing them and Demilade entered the car with his Personal Assistant Dayo following closely behind.

After they were seated, Dayo handed him his phone.

"We are heading to the mayor's building. Do you want to have the wine you bought this morning?"

"No, that's for a special purpose," Demilade answered his PA without looking at him as he dialed a number on his phone.

"Hello..." He spoke as the receiver answered the call. "Happy birthday sweetheart." A small smile tugged on the corner of his lips.

Lola chuckled on the phone. "Thank you so much. I'm so honored right now. Thank you. So how's Los Angeles and your meeting?"

"Los Angeles is cold and my meeting went well."

"That's a relief then. And your interview? Hope the press was nice?"

He chuckled before answering. "They are always press anywhere. And they never fail to display their character in one way or the other. Although, it was ...a bit unexpected but gratefully, it was okay. Now enough of me, how are you?"

"Hmm." Lola sounded on the phone. Demilade could tell that she was smiling from ear to ear. "I'm excited, satisfied, and feeling great at the moment. Today as a whole actually," She chuckled. "Everyone played a part in making today so special for me. I can't express it all."

"I'm sorry that I can't be with you today..." He was cut short by Lola.

"Uhm uhm." She disagreed. "You don't need to apologize in any way. Today was awesome mostly because of you. You don't know how you make me feel today with all the love you showered. The birthday messages, the cakes and gifts... and your love too." She said the last part quietly but with an obvious tone of sincerity. "I can't begin to say how grateful I am. You made the day special."

Demilade face curled to a relieved grin. "I'm so relieved to hear that. I have been feeling quite guilty that I couldn't be there to see you in person to wish you for your birthday."

"I'm more than happy right now. You don't have to be here. You already made my day. You made me feel like you are here." She told him sincerely.

Demilade smiled with relief. He had made his schedule free for Lola's birthday so they could have some time together. But he had an impromptu interview and a business conference in the State which he found compulsory. He decided to kill two birds with one stone by also visiting the Mayor of Pittsburgh that requested to see him.

"That's a great relief then. How was your party? Aren't you supposed to be at your birthday party?" Demilade asked looking at the silver wristwatch on his wrist and checking the time.

"I am." She replied. "I'm currently at the party. But it's getting boring and the noise is getting too much here. I just called for a taxi. I'm going back to the hotel."