~~ 67. ~~

Just a hint - if you have been curious why Demilade hates his father. You are going to find out in this chapter. I hope you enjoy reading Demilade's story.
So dive in 👇 sweeties.

*The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother. - Theodore Hesburgh*

After Lola's siblings have left, she went to the kitchen to take a snack from the cupboard. Then she went over to meet Demilade who was watching something on his tab in his living room.

She fell into sitting beside him.

"What are you watching?" She asked him without looking at what he was watching in the tab.

"A video of some interior design. Someone sent it to me that he wants something similar." Demilade answered and he paused the video.

"What are you eating?" He asked. She showed him the cookies she was eating.

"You're already eating it. I bought it last week. I haven't even had a taste of it." He said staring at her unbelievably as she munch the cookies.

She shrugged. "Whatever is yours is mine. And I just happened to take it first. It is so sweet. Do you want to have a taste? " She asked stretching forward the cartoon.

"What about the one you already had." He said staring at her lips.

The corner of her lips tugged up in a smirk. "You're a perv."

"For you." He replied, chuckling. "Let me have a taste then."

She took out one from the pack and gave it to him.

"Just one?" He questioned looking at the cookie she was giving him.

"Yes na. How many do you want to eat at the same time?"

"You are a character." He commented.

"For my boo." She said with a smirk. And Demilade just chuckled and he took the cookie from her. He took a bite of the cookies.

Lola leaned closer to him resting her head on his shoulder, while she munched her snacks.

"Honey, you said you want to discuss something with me yesterday. But we didn't get the time to talk because of yesterday's outing. What was it that you wanted to tell me?" Demilade asked as he brushed her hair with his hand. Something that had become a habit for him. He always finds himself playing with her hand, unconsciously.

Lola slowly raised her head from his shoulder. She dropped the carton containing the cookies on the center table in front of them. Then she sat facing him with her legs folded together in front of her on the sofa.

All the while, Demilade patiently sat staring at her. His face didn't read any expression. Although he was a bit curious about what she wanted to talk about that made her seem a bit serious.

"I want to know about something." She paused. "You might not like it. But I apologize if it will get you mad. I'm just a bit curious."

"What do you want to know?" Demilade asked.

Lola was quiet for a while before she finally answered him. "About your father?" She asked. He suddenly tensed up and his expression changed. "I want to know about him. You never talk about him." Lola continued.

Demilade was quiet for a while not saying anything. He just looked away.

"Demmy." She called his name quietly. But he didn't answer. His expression was now cold.