~~ 43. ~~

*Love is a wonderful thing. And it doesn't knock much, so when it does make sure to open the door. *

            Demilade left for work at his usual time. It was almost three hours after he left that Lola woke up from bed. Since she have only a few things to do, she didn't bother waking up on time and she spent half of the night watching movies and tutorial videos. She was already preparing for her entrance examination.

          She went to the living room to meet Deborah. She was just cooking breakfast. She told her she was getting symptoms of fever and the other members of the house understand the late breakfast. She didn't have problems with it. Most times when she is at home, she eats breakfast late. Either because she was working cleaning the house and watching the family clothes or she was sowing clothes that she had to meet the deadline of the customer. And she will skip breakfast. And other times, she will have to sacrifice her food so her brother and younger cousins could have something to eat before they go to school. So it wasn't a problem at all.

        She assisted Deborah in cooking and dishing out food. She could see in her eyes that she was coming down with a fever. She didn't even talk much.

        After their breakfast, they went to prepare the room Demilade mother and grandma will be staying in. And afterwards, Lola asked her to go and rest assuring her she will call her when it was time to prepare the food for their visitors.

        She went back to her room to pick up her dress. She picked something simple to wear for the arrival of her fake boyfriend's family.

       She sat in front of her dresser and begin to read from the pdf textbooks she had downloaded on her phone. It's been quite some time since she had read any school book. Even the novels she always read when she was in high school, she hardly read them anymore. Her love for movies had taken over her love of books.

         But now she was back to square one. She was back to reading her high school books. She needs to pass her JAMB for her to be able to get into the university and the examination is just a few months away. The registration was in two months so she have just a few times to finish four good textbooks.

          A call from her friend, David distracted her after four hours of reading. And she talked for a while with him before they finally said goodbye. And it was time that she had agreed to meet Deborah downstairs so they to prepare the food that they were going to give their visitors.

         Deborah wasn't in the kitchen or any of the living room, so she went to her apartment. She knocked on the door of her house but no answer and she guessed she was still sleeping. And she let her be.

        She went to the kitchen to prepare the food. She and Deborah had already planned on making several dishes for their visitors. She knows Mrs Jolaoluwa likes cooking and she appreciates good food.

§§§§§

          Demilade left his office early in the afternoon. And not long after he left his office, his mother called him to tell him that they were already on their way. And he was glad he had left the office. He wouldn't want to put Lola in an awkward situation. She had not met his grandmother before and the woman can be a character. They were almost alike in that manner.

          When he got down from the car after the driver had packed the car in front of the house, he received a call from Yimika. He groaned in annoyance. He was pissed with her. The call from her remind him about what had happened in his office earlier that day.

          Yimika came to Demilade's office sometime around mid-afternoon before his lunch break. He was surprised to see her. She wondered how she knew he was back. But then he remembered the media. They might have taken a photo of him when he arrived or left the airport. He didn't even have the time to check the news or read newspapers. If there was anything very important, Dayo or Uche would notify him and if it was something that they need to handle, they do what was necessary. So he guess she had known from there.