~~ 22. ~~

Please you people should not hate my  Demilade o

*... recognize that every day won’t be sunny, and when you find yourself lost in the darkness and despair, remember it’s only in the black of night you see the stars... *

Day 16 continues...

           Lola sat watching Demilade as he drives. The driver had left and someone had brought Demilade car key while they were in the club. His friend is in the back seat with his girlfriend. There was something with the way he was acting.

           It has been almost three hours since Demilade came to meet her at the balcony and made her watch people playing love. Demilade didn't seem affected. Fareed was already getting drunk and was insisting that she was too cool. Or she was probably shy to be intimate with her boyfriend in public. Charles agreed too. And they won't stop teasing her about it.

           Demilade said nothing all through. Bayo and Adam had been the ones to rescue her from the men.

          Since she came back into the club, she knew something was off with Demilade. But she couldn't put her hand to it. He was back to his serious and frowning self. But she pushed the thought away. Her thoughts were to get on her big soft bed in Demilade mansion - which was surprisingly funny - and to sleep. She was tired of the gathering already. She had eaten to the extent she can't eat anymore and is afraid for her stomach. She tasted food she hadn't eaten or even seen before.

           She realized all Demilade friends are well do and they spend their money lavishly. They don't care how much they spend on just food and drink.

           She left before the others to the lobby to be free from the place she feel almost suffocated in. Demilade just glance at her and return to what he was saying to his friend. Fareed was already drunk and he couldn't drive home. And his girlfriend can't drive either.

           She left them while they were still talking.

           She waited in the lobby for them and that was when two guys also came down from the elevator to sit beside her. They seem to be together and probably down to wait for someone even if it was almost eleven thirty in the night.

           When Demilade and his friends with their girlfriends came down, she stood up and left the guys. And everyone went their separate ways except Fareed that have to drive with them. Because he was drunk and since his home is on the same route as Demilade.

           But she had noticed how tense and how unusually quiet he was. He keeps clenching his hand on the steering wheel cursing silently.

           She had hoped to sleep when she get into the car because she is already feeling sleepy. But she couldn't.

           After they drop Fareed and his girlfriend at his house, they head home. And since they are alone she decides to ask him what was wrong.

"Is something wrong Demilade?" She asked quietly.

          He pretend not to hear her and he didn't give a reply. And she didn't bother asking again.

          He is very rude! She concluded in her mind.

          Demilade climbs down from the car before Lola and he storms inside the house. He throws his car key on the table. And he waited for Lola to come inside the house which she did.

          Lola sluggishly walks into the house. She wonders what was wrong with Demilade. She just hope he didn't unleash his anger on her because he can be very funny and unpredictable. She doesn't have the strength to talk. She just wants to go and lie down and sleep.