~~ 7. ~~

*So don’t be afraid to make mistakes, to stumble and fall, cause most of the time, the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most. Maybe you’ll get everything you wish for. Maybe you’ll get more than you ever could have imagined. Who knows where life will take you? The road is long and in the end, the journey is the destination. - ONE TREE HILL *

            She breathed out and then said. "I'm accepting your deal." He raised a brow at her in question. "The thirty days deal."

               She had decided to agree to the deal. Even if she barely knows the man. It was a hard decision to make because her pride, her dignity, and her life depend on it.

                Her father had turned down the idea immediately she told him. He was even angry that his boss could suggest such an idea to his daughter. But she knew he was just being protective and he loves her. He was not the kind of father that will gladly and willingly sell his daughter for money.

                But she knew the right way to get to him. And she did what has to be done to convince him to accept it. It took some time to convince him but he finally agreed. And the only reason he agreed was that she wanted to do it and he trusted and has faith in her.

             Demilade smirked when she finally said the words he was expecting to hear. Just like he knew she would, she did.

               His face became blank again and he said to her. "Okay. Give my PA your phone number and account number. I will get back to you."

                He stood up. And his PA approached them. He smiled at her before turning toward his boss.

               He said something to him that Lola barely hear but Dayo nodded, meaning he understood. Then he walked away without taking a backward glance.

             Dayo moved closer to the table and he took Lola's mobile number and her account number.

"You can order anything. Mr Demilade already paid for it." He said with a reassuring smile and he walked away leaving her mouth wide open.

           He paid for something she hadn't ordered. She thought. It would have been nice to eat something in the fancy restaurant since it was already paid for. But she had dignity so she stood up and left the restaurant. It's not like she belongs there. She was already getting stares from the people around her which was strong enough to push her off her seat.

§§§§§

             Lola stood in front of her old standing mirror staring at herself. She was wearing a yellow gown and the flat sole shoe she wore to church.

             The previous night, she received a bank alert and then a message from an unknown number which turned out to be Mr Demilade's.

Meet me at my house tomorrow. at 8 am prompt.
Demilade N.

           She shook her head not believing what she saw. She told her father about it and he asked her to do as he said. And he offered to take her to his house that morning even if it was his day off.

               Standing in front of the mirror, she kept wondering what was next. And she hoped something good comes out of her meeting with her father's wealthy boss.