045

𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐋 𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐒𝙰𝚁𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙸 𝙽𝙴'𝚉𝙸𝙰𝙷 𝙲𝙰𝚁𝚃𝙴𝚁𝙲𝙷𝙸𝙲𝙰𝙶𝙾, 𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙸𝙽𝙾𝙸𝚂

𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐋 𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐒
𝙰𝚁𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙸 𝙽𝙴'𝚉𝙸𝙰𝙷 𝙲𝙰𝚁𝚃𝙴𝚁
𝙲𝙷𝙸𝙲𝙰𝙶𝙾, 𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙸𝙽𝙾𝙸𝚂

Savior laid his head against the foot of Raseem's bed without a word while Armani soothed Kaori. Both the babies didn't know what had happened but they knew that he was hurt.

Savior was seemingly the most sad due to the fact that Rah had barely said a word since being out of surgery. Raseem ate and sometimes spoke before he returned to silence. Rightfully so, the incident had scarred him and made Armani solidify her promise, she was coming after Officer James and his entire family.

Nasir and Armani had gotten on the phone with the best lawyers in New York—her father, and were working on taking Officer James to court along with the entire police department for emotional distress, excessive force, assault, and lastly defamation of character—since it had been going around that Officer James had been going around trying to slander the names of the Carter family. Armani had calculated her chances in winning along with the recorded evidence footage from Jamarcus and chances came into be a 75% chance. It was rare for Armani's father to lose one of his cases, and she highly doubted that her father would allow the team to lose after they tried to kill his grandson. Thus pushing her chances up to a total percentage of 80 and improving her confidence.

Armani and the family had spent every day for the past week and a half at the hospital with Raseem, and they hardly ever left his side. As expected Raseem had developed PTSD and suffered from nightmares for three nights straight, and protest had broken out all around in the streets.

There had been a total of two riots since the shooting of the boys and three protest day in and day out in the streets of Chicago. The people of Chicago swore there would be no peace, and if justice was not served to the boys, they'd turn the city upside down.

"Momma," Raseem said snapping Armani out of her thoughts making her look over to him.

"Yes baby?" Armani asked making Nasir eyes flutter open and he looked over at the two.

"Morning rah, how you feeling?" Nasir asked stretching his back due to the nonsensical uncomfortable cushion on the hospital couch.

"Im okay, did I have a nightmare again?" He looked over at Armani

"No baby you're getting better, last night was your second night with no night terrors or night mares." Armani smiled at him. "Are you hungry?" Armanis mommy mode activated as she stood to her feet placing Kaori down beside her.

He nodded his head then looked at Savior who was looking at him sad.

"Come on Say, I'm straight, you know they cant take a nigga out that easily." Raseem said attempting to make his little brother feel better.

Savior reached up to be lifted then looked over at Armani almost as if to ask if it was okay.

"Yes baby, just don't move too much." Armani said as she helped him onto the bed.