09

Y'all I'm sorry, I just had to do this chapter because this police brutality shit is sickening.

𝙰𝚁𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙸 𝙽𝙴'𝚉𝙸𝙰𝙷 𝙶𝙸𝙱𝚂𝙾𝙽𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽, 𝙽𝚈

𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽, 𝙽𝚈

The smell of coconut filled the dim dark blue room of Armani's and Nasir's bedroom as Black by Dave blasted through her speakers. Nothing but the beat of the music and the dipping of her brush into the water could be heard. As the words flowed more and more Armani got more aggressive filled with rage, hurt, and confusion. Normally the smell of the coconut incense would have calmed her but today it did not. The injustice in America was intoxicating and enough to make Armani want to die but she couldn't, she wouldn't because she knew she had more to give to the world.

She didn't notice the tears that ran down her face as she painted until a tear drop landed on her canvas. She sniffled and wiped her tears as she continued to paint her painting. She didn't want to stress too much seeing that it would hurt the baby but hearing all about the murders brought her distraught.

She took deep breaths feeling herself began to hyperventilate at the thought of raising her future daughter or son in the fucked up world they lived in. She couldn't control her breathing and passed out hitting the floor with a loud thud. She laid there for a couple of seconds before Nasir came rushing into the room. He looked at her body scared and lifted her up and took her to the bathroom. He splashed some cold water in her face and she eventually had woken up in a daze while he held her with a look of confusion and worry evident on his face.

"Scared the shit out of me." He mumbled as he held her close.

"Nas I cant do this, I can't do this police brutality shit no more! It's killing me!" Armani said as she broke down in tears.

Nasir hated seeing her cry and began to cry a little himself, he had lost his own brother to the system after all and he knew Armani's story and the affect all that she was hearing had on her. He wiped his own tears and held her tight as the two rocked back and forth.

"I know baby, I know." He said.

"And the worst part about it is we can't run away, it's everywhere." She continues. "Why do they hate us?"

"I've asked that question for years and I never once had gotten a answer, ma I truly don't know." He said.

"I'm tired Nas, I really am." She said as she looked up at him as he stood up:

"You don't think I am ma? This shit is eating at me to bro but we can't give up. Let's turn off the news ma, ion want you stressing and I don't wanna see any more depressing ass news today or tonight."