Epilogue

Adelaine POV-

*5 months later*

"Angel, if you don't hurry up, we are going to be late." Nate yells up at me. 

"Don't rush me! Perfection takes time you know." I yell back and hear him let out a deep laugh. 

I continue putting the last touches to my curled hair and then go back into my room for my cap and gown. This past year has been a lot, but I couldn't be any happier. 

I was discharged about a week after I woke up. Nate and Wyatt stayed by my side the entire time and for a whole 'nother week until I went back to school. I hadn't missed too much, so I worked hard to catch up and now I get to graduate as planned. 

I found out after I woke up that Dorian was already in prison. Between my injuries, the boys' statements, and the video he took, they didn't even need me to testify. Apparently Wyatt went and told the judge about all the abuse and my uncle admitted to it all, said something along the lines of 'I hope that murdering bitch dies." It's safe to say he'll be in prison for a long time. 

I still have some nightmares about everything, but Nate is helping them go away. It helps when I focus on my future and take my mind off things. Nate, Johnny, and Keith all got scholarships to play for the University of Alabama, while Hayes chose to go straight into the military. Candace and I both applied and got into to Alabama as well, so we will be moving there with the boys. 

We got the same judge for our custody case that they had for Dorian, so he knew our situation. He said he was willing to give me guardian rights, even though I'm a few months from being 18, but we still had the problem of me going to college and my siblings wanting to live here. 

Apparently, while I was in my coma, Hal and Jennie were a big part in my siblings' lives. They got so close that Hal came up to me and had a 'talk'. He explained that since him and Jenni could never have kids, and already thought about us as their own, they would love to adopt us. 

I had a long talk with Wyatt and the twins and they seemed genuinely excited to have a new mom and dad. In the end, we decided that the loving diner owners would adopt all of us, and then the kids would stay with them while I was at college. It took a lot for me to give over my family like that, but Hal and Jennie have acted like our parents since day 1, so I got over it. 

Nate, Candace, Keith, Johnny, and I are going to be getting a house together in Alabama. None of us wanted to deal with dorms or roommates and the house was relatively cheap. I'm so glad I don't have to stop living with Nate, we are really serious and I have a feeling my dream of getting married young will get to come true. 

"Baby, you always look perfect, now please come on so we don't miss the entire ceremony." Nate whines, snapping me out of my memories. I grab my phone and walk down to the living room where he is. 

"Oh hush, you big baby. We have plenty of time. Besides, they wouldn't dare start the ceremony without the school's golden boy." I tease and walk out the door.

Nate, of course, opens both my and Katie's doors and helps us in. We drive off to the school and meet up with everyone else. Hal and Jennie sit with the twins and Wyatt while the guys, Candace, and I all walk onto stage. 

______________________________

"Candace Smith, University of Alabama."

"Hayes Smith, United States Marine Corps."

"Keith Walker, University of Alabama football."

"Johnny McAdams, University of Alabama football."