[12]

Chapter 12:: The dinner invite

Jimin was busy typing down another new chapter of his new novel on the MacBook. He harshly bit his bottom lip when he got stuck on one part. He let out a frustrated sigh and threw his head back on the couch, staring blankly at the ceiling.

Sitting in same position for something like a good two minutes he suddenly heard someone's cry. A kid crying. "m-mommy I'm hungry. I want to e-eat s-something." Jimin snapped open his eyes and looked around.

He heard the voice again and it came from the kitchen. This time along with some noises. As if someone is playing with the spoons and plates.

Jimin frowned, thinking that it must be Angel who cried. But what he felt strange was, Why does her voice sound different and why is she suddenly calling him mommy who usually called him Eomma. It's not like he wanted to hear him being called only Eomma.

"Angel? Baby is that you?" Jimin asked worriedly.

"Mommy~ please I cant..... anymore. I'm really very hungry." and the voice grew louder between harsh breathing.

Jimin immediately got up and ran to the kitchen and saw a shadow standing in the middle of the kitchen. "Angel, you hungry baby? I'll quickly prepare you some toast" he said and turned around to switch on the lights.

As soon as he turned back around he gasped when he saw no one in the kitchen. It was just him and a— doll? He picked it up and inspected it, which was very dusty and old.

The doll which Yoongi once described to him, which he saw that night with Angel.

He was one hundred percent sure he saw a shadow standing in the middle of the kitchen, voice of someone crying along with some noises. But now there was nothing suspicious at all.

"Eomma" And this time it was definitely Angel's voice. He snaped out of his thoughts and went back to the living room and saw Angel sitting on the floor and crying while rubbing her eyes with her fist.

"Oh my god! My baby what happened? why are you crying?" He asked with worry laced in his voice.

"I fell down." she mumbled clinging onto Jimin, her small arms going around his neck as he picked her up. "Where does it hurt baby?"

"Here" she pointed onto her left knee and jimin just massaged that area to ease her pain. "Now better?" Little girl nod her head.

"Sit here" he put her down on the couch and gently moved her bangs aside. "Can I ask you a question? Where did you get this doll from Angel?" Jimin asked showing the rag doll infont of her face.

"T-that I-i.... Ha-hana she.." Angel stuttered, trying to form words but couldn't.

"How many times should I tell you not to bring any toys you find outside, at home? I bring you so many toys why do you need this rubbish-" All of a sudden the door bell interrupted them. "I'll get back to you later." Jimin states sternly to his daughter.

Jimin got up and went to the door and opened the door and was greeted by a lady. "Umm excuse me? Who could you be?" Asked the male.

"I'm Shin Eun-kyung, your neighbor. By the way Taehyung knows me." Jimin's lips just made an 'o' shape and immediately smiled at her.