[31]

Chapter 31:: The Death

Walking through the gates of the mansion, crushing the leaves underneath his feet, Han-jae made his way towards the main door of the house. He allowed his eyes to scan around the yard, when a weird feeling was set in the pit of his stomach.

'something seems strange!'

Han-jae made his way towards the backyard instead, to check. As soon as he did, he saw a big table kept in the centre, food still kept on it, open. Decoration from the previous night still not removed yet. Seems like everything was kept as it is.

But what surprised him the most wasㅡ why was the food kept there open on the table, as far as he know, Seokjin is never a type of person who waste food. No he never will. But why is the food still there? It's already spoiled since small twigs and leaves were now mixed with the food.

Bringing his left hand up till his chest, Han-jae checked the time on his wrist watch. 12:10pm it reads. It's noon already.

Han-jae purposely came late for work today because he didn't wanted anyone inquiring him for why he didn't attend the party last night.

It's just that he didn't want to attend the party! And it's better to not be here around this house, late at night. He wonder how they manage to stay here?

Turning on his heels to make his way to the main door to check what's going on inside the house, suddenly a very bad smell hit his nose. He almost spew up at the disgusting smell. Bringing his hand up, Han-jae covered his mouth and nose. A lingering odor of putridness was fill in the air.

Turning his head to the sideways, his eyes fell on something lying on the ground under the slide. He walked over to the slide and his eyes went wide, it's a dead cat! Hundreds of flies were hovering over it.

Han-jae quickly ran from there(finally) to the main door before he could spew up there itself. Soft pants escaped his lips as he was bend down a little with hands resting on his knees. Chest going up and down rapidly after running, even if it was just a short distance he ran.

Something must have definitely happened here last night, The food left on the table; decorations not yet removed; a dead cat in the backyard and it's rotting smell filled the air.

Han-jae shook his head and stood up straight and with shaky breath and shivering hands he hesitantly opened the door.

Goosebumps kissed onto his skin when he stepped inside the house, eyes scanning the living room to search anybody around. Nervously running his tongue over the dried lips of his, Han-jae called out with a shaky voice.

"H-he-llo, is any-body he-re."

Suddenly the main door behind him closed with a loud bang, the click sound of the lock was heard right after that.

He immediately tried to open the door, no scratch that, he struggled to open the door. But it was locked and the door was jammed. He quickly ran over to the windows and tried to open them but they were locked too.

'Like seriously?! How can this be? How did the doors and windows get locked by itself?.'

Han-jae gulped harshly when he felt a strange shadowy like thing move behind me. Snapping his head back he tried to speak up again.