two.

☼ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ☾

After the first day, school went how it usually was for Sonny

After the first day, school went how it usually was for Sonny. Moon didn't talk to her after their interactions on the first day and Sonny continued on in Math class in the back of the class alone but Miguel had joined the three at lunch daily.

Sonny walked into Math class, heading straight for her empty table and taking a seat in her normal spot. As she leaned down to grab her notebook from her backpack on the ground, she felt someone sit next to her. She sat back up and turned to see who sat beside her. There next to her sat none other than Moon who was watching the teacher explain the lesson until she felt Sonny's eyes on her and turned to face the girl. "Hi Sonny."

"Hey Moon." Sonny slowly spoke, not believing what was happening. She quickly cleared her throat, not wanting to embarrass herself. "Whatcha doing?" Moon laughed at the question. "Um... the math assignment..." She answered with a small laugh and Sonny smiled, shaking her head. "No. I meant, why are you sitting next to me?"

Moon turned to face the girl completely and smiled. "The past few days, I noticed you sit all alone back here. Figured you could use some company. I can move back to my old seat of you wan-" "No!" Sonny said a little loud, catching the attention of a few other kids. Sonny shifted in her seat, clearing her throat as she shut her eyes in embarrassment. "You can... You can stay here."

Moon smiled at Sonny, nodding her head. "Okay. Good." The creaky sound of the classroom door opening caught every student's attention, the room going silent as they watched to see who walked in and why.

A very uncomfortable Demetri walked into the door and Sonny sighed, bringing a hand up to her face. "Oh dear God." Demetri stared at the sea of students with wide eyes before looking to the teacher. "Mr. Uh... Mr. Smith wanted me to give this to you." He stumbled over his words, handing Sonnys math teacher a yellow folder when Demetri's eyes fell on his friend, sending her a small smile before he saw who was sitting next to her.

His jaw dropped as he watched the two sitting next to each other and Sonny glared at him, raising her brows as if to say 'get out'. Demetri raised his hand in surrender, making way out of the room but not before bringing his index and middle finger to his eyes before pointing them at Sonny in an 'I'm watching you' motion.

The whole class turned around to look at Sonny. Absolutely hating all the eyes on her, Sonny kept her eyes on her desk, shimmying herself down her seat until her head was barely peaking above the table, staying like that even after everyone went back to their assignments.

Moon looked down at Sonny with a slight frown. "What's wrong?" She quietly asked, noticing how uncomfortable Sonny still was. Sonny looked up at Moon and readjusted herself correctly in her seat. "I just.. don't like all the eyes on me." Sonny slowly answered Moons question.

"Is that it?" Moon asked in a sincere tone, not trying to embarrass the girl more. Sonny didn't answer for a moment before nodding her head. Moon sighed, scooching her chair closer to Sonny's. "You shouldn't be embarrassed, you know? You're friend was trying to talk to you. Cracking jokes. I can always hear him making funny comments at your guys table."