four.

☼ʀᴏᴍᴇᴏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴊᴜʟɪᴇᴛ☾

"So that's it? No more karate?" Demetri asked

It was now their free period and the group was spending it in the library studying. Sonny had Romeo and Juliet open as she sat across from Miguel and Demetri while Eli sat at the head of the table between Miguel and Sonny.

"I guess so." Miguel said and Demetri shrugged. "It's probably for the best. It was starting to boost your confidence." "Demetri..." Sonny warned, looking up from her book but he ignored her, keeping his eyes on Miguel. "Isn't that a good thing?" "No." Demetri answered.

"What has confidence ever gotten anybody except for a black eye and their backpack thrown in the trash?" Demetri spoke and Sonny scoffed, pulling her legs up to the seat and sitting criss cross on the chair. "Please don't remind me of that. It took hours to clean."

"Well, I thought it was kinda cool how you stood up to Kyler." Eli slowly spoke. Sonny turned to him and smiled, nodding her head as Demetri scoffed. "No! Are you insane? Let me ask you guys... What is the best superpower anyone could have?"

"Super strength." Miguel instantly spoke as Sonny tried to think of an answer in her head but before she could think of an answer, Demetri spoke up. "Wrong. Invisibility. A distant second could be super speed to run away fast."

"Run away from who?" A voice spoke up from between Eli and Sonny, making the group jump. It was Kyler and Brucks. Sonny shut her book in shock, slowly turning to face the two.

"Whom." Brucks corrected, making Sonny's face scrunch. "It's the object of a preposition. Remember in English class-" "We were just leaving." Sonny said, getting up from her seat and walking around the table the long way so she wouldn't have to pass Kyler and Brucks but Kyler got Eli which made Sonny stop walking.

"Hey, where you going? Oh, look at this freak." Kyler said, lifting Eli's head up to look at his scar. Sonny glared at the boys as Miguel slowly stepped in front of her and Demetri.

Brucks starts fake gagging as Kyler laughs. "What kind of girl would ever kiss this shit?"

"Leave him alone, Kyler." Sonny snapped and Demetri quickly put a hand over Sonnys mouth. Kyler looked to Sonny, pushing Eli away from him and walked towards her. "What'd you say, bitch?"

Miguel quickly got in between Sonny and Kyler, glaring at the boy. "Back off."

Kyler raised his brows at Miguel. "You haven't had enough, Rhea?" Kyler pushed Miguel, before pushing hi out of the room by the head. "Yeah. Get the hell out of here, man."

Sonny watched Miguel walk away and Eli scurry after him, leaving only her and Demetri with the boys. Before they could make it out of the room, Kyler grabbed Demetri's backpack. "Hey, you don't want this shit. Or this." Kyler said, grabbing the book out of Sonny's hand.