thirty three.

through and through

"Hey, everyone, gather round

"Hey, everyone, gather round. I have news." Daniel yelled as he walked into the backyard of the dojo where all the Miyagi-Dos were practicing.

He waited until everyone was crowded around him, Sonny squished in between Sam and Demetri before he started. "The All Valley committee just announced big changes for the tournament." He said and Sonny's heart skipped a beat. "What kind of changes?" She asked and Daniel sighed, handing her a flyer. "Well, see for yourself. It's a whole new ball game."

Everyone crowded around Sonny when she took the paper. Chris' eyes doubled in size, looking at the paper in shock. "They're introducing skills competitions?"

"Yep." Daniel said, nodding his head as Dont squinted at the paper, shaking her head. "Kata, board breaking, weapons display?" Sonny questioned, disbelief laced on her voice before she read the line below it. Sonny's jaw dropped, turning to Sam with a shocked look.

"There's gonna be a separate girls division." Sonny muttered to Sam. Sam's eyes widened as she gasped. She snatched the paper out of Sonny's hands before looking up at her dad. "So that means..." "There'll be two All Valley Champs." Daniel cut off.

Demetri turned to Daniel, his brows furrowed as he tilted his head. "What does that mean for the bet with Cobra Kai?" Demetri asked and Daniel pull his lips into a line and pointed at Demetri, glad someone brought that up. "There's a Grand Champion trophy for which dojo wins that most points." Daniel said and Sam smirked, turning to Sonny.

"All I know is that we have the girls division in the bag. Me and Sonny got this." Sam said and Sonny chuckled. "Hell, yeah." Sonny cheered, holding her hand out for Sam to high five with. Daniel smiled at her e girls' confidence, not him aging any doubt of the chance of one of them winning.

Daniel turned to the boys beside Sonny and Sam, his throws raised like a parent talking to their toddler. "That just leaves the skills and the boys. I'm counting on you guys." Daniel said, looking between the boys in front of him, all of them looking shocked by Daniel's words.

"Who, us?" Chris asked, and Demetri snickered in agreement. "Yeah, we're a bunch of Rudys. I mean, sure we're good for the occasional inspirational moment, but we're not exactly center mat material. We were better off with Miguel and Hawk, Or he who shall not be named." Demetri said.

Everyone turned to him, their brows furrowed at the nickname. Demetri looked at all the eyes on him in confusion. "Rhymes with Dobby." Demetri said as if it were obvious. Sonny sighed, leaning towards Demetri's eyes. "I think they got it, Demi." Sonny whispered and Demetri muttered a small and embarrassed "oh", nodding his head.

"Look, I know you're missing some of your friends." Daniel said, making all the students turn back to him. "And of course I wish Robby was here." Daniel said, gesturing to Demetri and Sonny, both teens nodding, missing Robby as well as Daniel turned back to the rest of the kids. "But it's time to put the past behind us, all right? Don't worry. By the time the tournament comes around, you're gonna realize this was the best thing that could've happened."