thirty six.

☼underdogs☾

As the medic checked on Miguel, Demetri and Robby fought for a spot in the finals

As the medic checked on Miguel, Demetri and Robby fought for a spot in the finals. Robby won three-two. Next was the final fight to decide who in the girls division was going to the finals, and the fight would be between Sonny and Sam.

Sonny and Sam slowly walked towards Daniel; the man had an excited look in his face as he rubbed his hands together. "You two got this. Just remember everything I've taught you guys. Either way, Miyagi-Do is making it to finals." He said.

Sam smiled and headed to the mat. Sonny hesitated and gulped. She started to fidget with the bracelet around her wrist as she grew the courage to look Daniel in the eyes. Once she did, she sighed when Daniel's face dropped, noticing her nervous look.

"Respectfully Sensei, I wanted to let you know in advance that I will be using moves I learned from Sensei Lawrence in this fight." Sonny said and Daniel's face paled as he squinted. "Excuse me?" He asked and Sonny immediately started to shake her head. Daniel's jaw slowly started to drop. Sonny didn't notice the action and continued to speak.

"Anyone with eyes can see that Cobra Kai knows Miyagi-Do's moves. Robby probably taught them. And if I want to win, I have to make sure I use every move I know. Normally, I am the worst when it comes to people pleasing, but I didn't get to go that far in last years competition." Sonny's words stopped when she ran out of air.

Demetri put a hand on her shoulder, looking down at her with wide eyes. "Breathe woman. Breathe." He said. Sonny closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"You've got this." He reassured and Sonny looked away from Daniel and up to Demetri. She smiled and nodded her head. Without looking at her sensei, Sonny hopped onto the mat and walked towards her spot.

"Up next, competing from the same dojo, give it up for Sonny Thompson and Sam LaRusso!" Daryl screamed and Sam turned to Sonny, sticking her arm out for Sonny to shake.

"May the best fighter win." Sam spoke, making Sonny smile, shaking Sam's hand as she nodded. "May the best fighter win." Sonny replied with a smirk.

The two girls hopped onto the mat and walked to the center of the stage, Sam having her back to Miyagi-Do while Sonny stood across from her, her back to Cobra Kai.

The referee looked back and forth between Sonny and Sam before bringing his hand down. "Fight!" He screamed before running back.

Sonny ran towards Sam, instantly kicking her in the stomach. Sam stumbled back, her eyes wide. "Point! Thompson!" The referee yelled and Sam looked up at Sonny, her brows raised. "All you've got?"

Sonny smirked, nodding her head. "All you've got."

The two girls got back into their positions and the referee looked between the two before throwing his hand down. "Fight!" He screamed and this time, Sam ran towards Sonny, throwing punch after punch to her. As Sonny was blocking her punches, Sam grabbed Sonny's wrist pulling it towards her and behind, making Sonny stumble forward. Once Sonny passed Sam, the LaRusso girl turned around and kicked Sonny in the stomach. "Point! LaRusso!"