three.

☼ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀꜱᴛɪᴄꜱ☾

"So, what are we doing for Halloween?" Sonny asked Demetri and Eli as Miguel was still in line for his lunch, resting her elbows on the table and her head in her hands

"So, what are we doing for Halloween?" Sonny asked Demetri and Eli as Miguel was still in line for his lunch, resting her elbows on the table and her head in her hands. She saw Eli open his mouth, answering the question but she could barely hear him over the loud chatter of the kids in the cafeteria, only making out one word. Plastics.

Sonny raised her brows at his answer, taking a sip of her chocolate milk as the sound of microphone feedback rang through the air. "May I have your attention?" Counselor Blatt announced, making the room quiet and turn to her.

"Cyberbullying is no laughing matter. Sending a cruel message to someone online can be just as hurtful as saying it to their face. I'm not gonna name names, but the other day, a mother called me up because her son was crying after some kids online made fun of his facial deformity." Counselor Blatt announced to the students. Sonny sighed, looking down at the feeling of all the students eyes on her table.

Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Eli bring his hand up to his lip. Just before he could cover his scar, Sonny grabbed his wrist, pulling his hand down away from the scar. "Ignore them, E. Your scar is awesome." Sonny whispered, making Eli sadly smile. "Thanks, Sonny." He whispered and she returned the smile.

"You know, if you're sick of getting bullied, my karate dojo's looking for recruits." Miguel suggested and Sonny's eyebrows furrowed. "Karate?" Sonny asked. She didn't really believe Miguel would be the type to do karate. Miguel smiled, nodding his head as Demetri scoffed. "Yeah, right. You hear that, Eli? A little karate training, and you're gonna kick some major ass."

Sonny rolled her eyes at her friends sarcasm as Miguel sighed. "I'm serious, Demetri. Alright? My sensei's the real deal. I'm sure I could get you three discounts." Demetri scrunched his face, shaking his head. "As enticing as that sounds, I think we'd rather spend our afternoons playing Crucible Control that getting hit in the face." Sonny noticed Eli's face dropped and lightly elbowed him, making him turn to her.

She raised her brows at Eli, sending him a small smile as if to say "do what you want" making him smile at her. The two were always able to read each other, being best friends since the age of five had its perks and that was one of them.

"Oh, and one last thing. While we're all looking forwards to the Halloween dance, our costumes are culturally sensitive. For example... 'sexy nurse', maybe try 'gender-neutral hospital employee'." Counselor Blatt cheered and Sonny snorted from trying to hold back her laugh. Her had flew to her mouth, laughing at her own snort. As she laughed, her head turned slightly to see the popular table, her eyes falling on Moon who was laughing with Yasmine.

Moon turned to face Sonny's table, smiling to already find Sonny looking at her. Sonny returned the smile, sending her a small wave as Moon did the same.