Chapter 46

The Gall of Gammon

Disclaimer: This story is my humble attempt to write a fanfiction of the epic Mahabharata. My intention is not to hurt anyone's sentiment.

Aum Namah Shivay!!

Major Jayant Roy, SM is a fictitious character. Any similarity with any living person is merely a coincidence.

Chapter 46

Kundinpuri, Vidarbha Kingdom, Dwapar Yuga

Karna POV (continues)

My face was filled with shock. My eyes turned from the hand to the face. In front of me, a young man was standing. He was a man of dark complexion. On his head, the two colourful feathers were denoting the sign of hunter tribe. He had a bow on his shoulder and a quiver full of arrows on his back.

"Are you Eklavya?" the question came from my lips before I could control my tongue.

Eklavya smiled at me. That smile was so bright and innocent, that it made me smile too. He crossed his hands to me.

"Pranipat, Angraaj Karna. Maharaja Jarasandha ordered me to go to Hastinapur with the letter."

My eyes again went to his right hand. I looked at the place where his thumb was once. His hand was the greatest example of partiality of a teacher. My face became hard. Eklavya probably understood my thoughts.

"Gurudev had full rights to ask anything from me. I had fulfilled the duties of a student by giving him what he wanted."

"But, surely it is wrong. Drona have done a great injustice to you. He always wanted to make Arjun the greatest archer of the world at any cost." I somehow controlled the burning rage inside me.

"Please Angraaj; do not say my teacher's name with such malice. He is still my teacher and I respect him. After I gave him my thumb, I still learned archery and warfare. I don't have anything against Dronacharya in my heart."

I looked at him. Though he was smiling, the brightness in his smile decreased. He again crossed his hands to me. But before he could turn and climb on his horse, I heard Mitra Duryodhana's voice behind me.

"Radheya, so you are....Eklavya? Is that you?"

I turned my head and saw him walking towards us. Eklavya saw him too and crossed his hands again.

"Pranipat Rajkumar Duryodhana!"

Duryodhana came to us.

"You still remember me?" He asked Eklavya. Eklavya nodded affirmatively.

"How can I forget him who took care of me when I was injured? A Rajkumar treated me, nursed me, a common boy. When I regained consciousness, I saw myself lying with my head on your lap. But pardon me Rajkumar, I have to go now. I will be your messenger to Hastinapur."

Eklavya bowed at us and climbed on his horse. Then he rode away.

Yesterday night, seashore of Dwarka

The night was dark. The city of Dwarka was engulfed into a deep slumber. But one lone, dark figure was walking in the seashore. The peacock figure on his crown was shining in the moonlight.

Suddenly, he turned to the opposite side. Then he saw a dark figure slowly approaching him. A few moments later, he saw the dark figure became a woman riding a donkey. She had dry, shrivelled up body. Her cheeks were shrunken. Her face was ugly and had thick lips. Her small, beady eyes were scanning him.