Chapter 4

The Gall of Gammon

Disclaimer: This story is my humble attempt to write a fanfiction of the epic Mahabharata. My intention is not to hurt anyone's sentiment.

Aum Namah Shivay!!

Major Jayant Roy, SM is a fictitious character. Any similarity with any living person is merely a coincidence.

Chapter 4

Hastinapur, Dwapar Yuga

Jayant/ Duryodhana POV

Seven days had been passed.

In those past seven days, my only work was to watch, learn and adapt. I was gathering as much intelligence as I needed. I also took care of my hundred brothers and one sister. Dussala was literally a cute doll, just like my own sister Seema in my previous life.

I was trained to adapt in any situation. So I did every single thing to achieve it. But, there was one problem in this Yuga, which is the lack of things for time pass. There was no TV, no internet...well no electricity too. But, the weather here was pleasant. The environment was clear. No green house effect and no global warming, thus the air was clean.

The management of one hundred brothers was not an easy task. But I commanded an army company of 120 men, so that was not a big problem for me. My one hundred brothers included my only step brother Yuyutsu, the son of Dhritarashtra and Sugada. But there was one thing favoured me, that my every single brother obeyed my command without any question.

Today, I had a plan to organise a soccer match. I already looked out for a suitable ground just outside the city. Two goalposts were made up by using bamboo and thin clothes. The balls were made up by using leather and clothes. They were not like the modern times, but still, they would be handy. The boundary lines and centre circles were made up by using white paints.

It was probably 8 am in the morning, when I reached the ground, along with my hundred brothers and my personal servant, Guha.

Yes, Mata Gandhari had assigned me with a personal servant, probably under Sugada's suggestions. Guha was a boy of probably one year elder than me. He could not speak, but he could hear. Though I refused to have a personal servant, my mother firmly ordered me to have him. Then, from the last seven days, I had him alongside me. But I made sure that he must not have any heavy work. Now, his only duties were to properly arrange my clothes and ornaments.

The one hundred and two of us reached the field. Some other servants were already there with food and water. I looked at my brothers' exited face. Yesterday, when I was explaining the game and the rules, they were very happy to be a part of this new game.

"Okay, brothers, make ten lines with ten of you each, quick!!" I shouted.

My brothers hurriedly obeyed my command. In a few moments, there were ten lines on the ground.

"Everybody remember the rules?"

"Yes, bhratashri!" one hundred voices shouted in unison.

"Good!" I took out two clothes, one yellow and one red," you know what they mean?"

"Yes, bhratashri!" one hundred voices shouted again.

"Great! Now, your lines would be your team. First match would be played between Vikarna's team and Yuyutsu's team. Today we will play five matches. I will be the judge. Vikarna, Yuyutsu, get your teams on the ground. The other teams sit outside the boundary line. Quick!"