Chapter 50

The Gall of Gammon

Disclaimer: This story is my humble attempt to write a fanfiction of the epic Mahabharata. My intention is not to hurt anyone's sentiment.

Aum Namah Shivay!!

Major Jayant Roy, SM is a fictitious character. Any similarity with any living person is merely a coincidence.

Chapter 50

Unnamed Forest,Dwapar Yuga

Bheem POV

My mother and brothers were fallen asleep under a tree. I was also trying to sleep, but failed to close my eyes. My gaze fell on my sleeping mother. Maharani Kunti, the regal queen of Hastinapur was now sleeping under a tree like a common beggar. My Jyesth, the rightful crown prince of Hastinapur, was also lying under the tree. I cursed our fate in my mind that laid us into this situation.

Suddenly, a soft sound came into my ears. It was the sound of someone walking on the dry leaves. I looked at the source of the sound, and I saw a figure approaching towards us. When it came a bit closer to me, I saw that it, no, not 'it', actually 'she'.

She was a dusky beauty, with bright white smile. Her body was tall and curvy. Her body was perfect too! When I looked at her face, I felt something in my heart for the first time in my life. I smiled at her and she blushed! She lowered her head and her blushing face made her so beautiful!

"You look like a warrior. Who are you, oh mighty one? This is a very dangerous forest, don't you know that?" She said.

Her voice had the same effect in my ears like the celestial music of the nymphs. I looked at her red lips, and somehow suppressed the urge to grab her and kiss those lips.

She looked at me and smiled. But then, suddenly her face lost all amount of smile, and fear replaced it.

"Haven't anyone told you that this forest is ruled by the King of Rakshasha, Hidimba?" She said in a trembling voice.

The word 'Rakshasha' made my mind full with joy. I was longing for a good fight for days. Probably, my wait would be over today.

The woman saw my smile, and said in astonishment, "Are you not afraid of Rakshashas? Hidimba will eat your flesh, and drink your blood. Please, run away with me. I can take you away from here."

I stood up and walked towards her. She blushed again, and bit her lower lip. I showed her my two well-muscled hands.

"Feel these hands. They have the power to kill a thousand Rakshashas."

She touched my arms with her soft but strong fingers. Oh, she smelled so beautiful! I could not resist myself any more, and embraced her in my arms. She was soft like a feather! She lowered her head again, blushing furiously. I cupped her chin in my right hand and looked into her eyes. She smiled at me again. Her lips were so inviting, that I could not resist myself. My lips were going to touch hers, when suddenly a loud roar and a foul stench entered in my ear and nose. That stench was so bad, that I felt like vomiting.

Then I heard a loud voice.

"How dare you, Hidimbi? I have sent you to hunt the humans for me, and you gave this human your love?"

I was startled. I looked at the woman beside me. She was standing with her head lowered in shame. Then I saw a huge figure coming towards us. It was a huge Rakshasha, clad in animal skin.

"You are a traitor, Hidimbi! My sister fall in love with a puny human being, this is a great shame for me! I will kill you, but first, I will kill this human!"