Chapter 37

The Gall of Gammon

Disclaimer: This story is my humble attempt to write a fanfiction of the epic Mahabharata. My intention is not to hurt anyone's sentiment.

Aum Namah Shivay!!

Major Jayant Roy, SM is a fictitious character. Any similarity with any living person is merely a coincidence.

Chapter 37

Dwarka, Dwapar Yuga

"Kanha! Kanha!" a young man was walking in a street, calling the name of his beloved younger brother. The people in the street bowed to him with respect. But the well-muscled fair skinned young man did not pay any notice to them. He was actually engulfed in searching his brother.

Suddenly, he heard a voice from his behind, "Pranipaat, Dau Balrama."

Balrama literally broke out from his trance-like situation, and turned his head around. Two men were standing behind him. One was younger than the other.

"Satyaki, Kritvarman, have you seen Kanha?" Balrama asked a bit impatiently.

The younger among them, Satyaki, answered him, "I saw him in the sea-shore. He is playing with the kids."

"What?! He is playing with the kids! I am waiting for him without having my food. My hunger is increasing moment after moment, and he is playing with the kids. Let's go to the sea-shore then. Today, I will teach him a lesson." Balrama angrily walked towards the sea-shore. If he could see behind him, he would notice the smirks in both the warrior's face.

"Satyaki, do you think that Balrama will scold Sri Krishna?" Kritvarman whispered to his companion.

"No. Dau loves his brother too much. Sri Krishna just has to smile at him, and then he would melt like butter." Satyaki whispered too.

Meanwhile, Balrama reached the sea-shore. There he saw a large group of little boys and girls were running and laughing. In the middle of the circular rings formed by the kids, a young man was standing there. He was wearing light yellow coloured clothes, and there was a peacock feather on his head.

"Kanha!!" Balrama roared with all his power.

The kids were startled a bit. Then the dark skinned young man turned towards him.

"Pranipaat, Dau." He crossed his hands. There was a smirk in his face.

"Kanha, do you know what time it is? You are here, playing with kids....." Balrama could not finish his sentence, because his brother stopped him mid-sentence.

"Please Dau, please let me play for a moment, please please please!"

Balrama heaved a sigh. He knew that he couldn't resist his brother's innocent looking eyes and pleading. He also knew that his brother was fully aware of this weakness of him.

His brother was again started playing with the kids. The scene was so innocent, that even Balrama was smiling now. For a moment, he forgot both his anger and hunger. Suddenly, two little girls from the group of playing kids came to him.

"Can you please play with us, Dau, please?" they asked him with crossed hands.

Balrama didn't have the power to refuse them. Those innocent pleadings were out of his power to refuse. He could kill multiple demons with a single blow of his mace. He could move an entire city with his plough. But he couldn't resist the innocent pleading of a little girl. He joined them with a smile.

Time was passing by like the flow of a river. The kids were playing, laughing and circling around two young men, one fair and one dark. The dark one now started playing his flute. The music was so peaceful, and joyous, that all of them were literally engulfed in it.