Chapter 15

The Gall of Gammon

Disclaimer: This story is my humble attempt to write a fanfiction of the epic Mahabharata. My intention is not to hurt anyone's sentiment.

Aum Namah Shivay!!

Major Jayant Roy, SM is a fictitious character. Any similarity with any living person is merely a coincidence.

Chapter 15

Hastinapur, Dwapar Yuga

Vikarna POV

In the evening, we were chatting with ourselves. Jyesth Bhrata went to Kulguru's house. Suddenly I heard a loud sound. I turned my head saw Bhrata Dussasana was fighting with Bhrata Yuyutsu. Bhrata Dussasana punched Bhrata Yuyutsu so hard, that his face started bleeding. I was going to stop him, when suddenly; I heard jyesth bhrata's voice.

"What is happening here?"

That was not voice that was actually a roar. Every single one of us was frozen with fear. Bhrata Dussasana raised his clenched fist to punch Bhrata Yuyutsu again, but his hand froze in mid-air.

I somehow turned my head, and saw jyesth Bhrata standing in the door. But his facial expression was hard like iron. He walked in the room. His gaze fell over the fighting boys.

"Dussasana, Yuyutsu, come here."

His voice was hard like stone. Both my fighting brothers were now standing in front of jyesth, with their heads down. Jyesth Duryodhana had a commanding presence among us. But, he loved all of us.

Yuyutsu was standing when jyest noticed the blood in his face. His face was literally changed. It was first shock, then anger. Then his eyes turned to Dussasana.

"Dussasana, I will ask you only once. You did this?"

Bhrata Dussasana's face became pale with fear. Not only had his, even my blood become ice cold. Jyesth's voice had something in it; even my other brothers were pale.

Bhrata Duryodhana was now angry beyond limit; I could feel it in my heart. Bhrata Dussasana could only nod his head.

Jyesth pulled Yuyutsu in front of him, and wiped the blood from his face by using his angvastra.

Then he heaved a sigh.

"Dussasan, apologize to Yuyutsu. Yuyutsu, forgive you brother."

"But jyesth..." Bhrata Dussasan spoke, "He is a ksh..."

He was trying to say 'Kshatta', means a maid's son.

"Dussasan!" Jyesth's voice was literally sounding like a crack of a whip.

"I will say it only once. Yuyutsu is our brother as much as you, Vikarna, and the others. You will not say that word to him or to anyone again. Now what are you two waiting for? Hug each other and apologize, right now!"

Both my brothers hugged each other. Bhrata Dussasana apologized to bhrata Yuyutsu.

Then we all heard Bhrata Duryodhana's voice,

"You always remember that the hundred of you are my hundred arms. No two arms of a body will fight each other, never, ever. With these hundred arms in my body, I have the courage to face even the Devtas. Promise me, that what happened today will not happen ever."

His voice was becoming heavy with emotions. Were his eyes glistening?

I stood up, "I promise jyesth. This will not happen again. Right, Bhrata Dussasan?"