Chapter 4

3 years ago,

It was Geethanjali's birthday, Vishnu and Arvind had planned a surprise for her which was to be revealed to her only by the evening. Everyone were told to pretend that they have forgotten her birthday and not wish her.

As usual by morning Vishnu had woken up and was getting ready for his jogging, when Geethanjali woke up, Vishnu just smiled at her but didn't say anything, Geet "Did you forget something" Vishnu smiles "Oh yeah I didn't wish you...(she smiles thinking he remembered) Good Morning my Anjali...but why are up so early", as soon as he says 'Good morning' her smile turns into a pout and she throws a pillow on him, Vishnu was trying hard to control his laughter, but then he controls his laughter and asks her with a serious face "What happened Anjali" Geet "Do you not remember what today is" Vishnu shakes his head "Today is Thursday...is there anything else" Geet fumes and leaves from the room "Nothing...(she mutters to herself) True what they say husband forgets everything...even if he is your best friend...I know Maa, Nanna and Dadda won't forget". As soon as she leaves from the room, Vishnu bursts into laughter as he couldn't control his laughter anymore, thank god I didn't laugh in front of her...else all my plan of confessing to her would have been spoiled...Just wait for some hours Anjali.

She goes into the living room and finds Arvind and Krishna having the morning tea while reading newspaper "Dadda...Nanna", Arvind looks at her "My princess you woke up" Krishna "Arvind look outside is there any sign of rain or switch on the news...let's see if they are predicting any thunderstorm" Geet pouts looking at Krishna, Arvind smiles "Krishna why are you teasing my Anjali...there won't any rain or thunderstorm.....there would be a Tsunami...my kumbkaran for the first time has woken up so early" and they end up bursting into fits of laughter, Geet glares at them "Ughhhh I hate you both...I'm going to Maa... atleast she won't make fun of me", she was about to go to the kitchen but then stops in between and comes back "Don't you both also remember what is today", Arvind and Krishna look at each other and shake their heads indicating 'No', Arvind "Why Anju is it some important day?" Krishna "Is it any special day I don't remember anything special today" Geet glares at them both "Ughhh bhudde hogaye ho (You have become old)...that's why you don't remember anything now...I hate you both also" Vishnu comes there "Here also you started your hate you drama...Dad...Papa is there anything special today" Arvind "I don't think so Beta",  Geet storms out of there into the kitchen fuming in anger. Arvind "Do you think we are going overboard" Vishnu "No papa...don't worry by evening this little angry monkey will be jumping with joy"

Geethanjali goes to her Maa who was making coffee for herself, she was surprised to see Geet up so early, Madhu "Ohh Geet ma your up so early" Geet "Yes Maa" Madhu smiles "Do you need anything" Geet "Maa see na dadda, Nanna and Vishnu are making fun of me" Madhu looks at her "Come let's go and ask...how dare they make fun of my daughter" Geet smiles and takes Madhu along with her to the living room, Krishna "Ohhhoo look Arvind she is back with her army" Madhu "What you both are doing...why are you making fun of my daughter" Arvind "No no Madhu we didn't make fun of her...we just said there might be a Tsunami building up in the sea" Geet "Maa see na and they don't remember what is today also" Madhu looks at her confused "What is today Beta...anything special" Geet was shocked while Arvind and Krishna chuckle "Maa you also don't remember" Madhu looks at her "Was there anything to remember today...I don't remember anything though" Geet "Nothing to remember today...not a special day just a usual day...I was an idiot to ask you all I'm going to get ready for college...bye", she storms off to her room.

She goes back to her room, Do they really not remember my birthday or are they just acting...Vishnu and Dadda never forget my birthday...not even a single one they have forgotten then why this time...Something is definitely cooking...and I will find out but they look serious...looks like they did forget. She sits scrolling her phone thinking someone might send her wishes but even her friends didn't wish her, she gets pissed off and goes to get ready for college. She keeps passing the four of them glares throughout the breakfast, Vishnu "Geetu is there anything you want to say...you are glaring at everyone" Geet "Nothing...you just eat...eat eat else food will run away...you don't have to remember anything...I'll now make sure you never forget anything" Arvind "Why are you scolding him princess...he didn't do anything wrong" Geet looks at her dad "He didn't do anything...that's the thing he doesn't do anything" Vishnu chokes on water looking at her shocked while Arvind, Krishna and Madhu chuckle to themselves. Geet looks at them confused "Now why are you all laughing" but then she realises what she blurted out, she runs from there blushing, shit shit shit...ughhh why do I keep blabbering stupid things...I was about to say he didn't do anything for my birthday as his wife but ughhhh...they are thinking something else only, Aiyooo now what do I do, Just shut up and go to college without embarrassing yourself more.