Chapter 43

After two days is their Nalugu (Haldi ceremony), Ajay's Nalugu was taking place in their farmhouse while Geet's at her home. Ajay's takes place in the morning, he was made to wear a dhoti with angavastram (a white piece of cloth or stole, worn by men, which is draped over the shoulders) and then brought to the Mandap. They start the ceremony by letting the elders to apply the haldi for him first, everyone applies and give their blessings to him. Then all the younger ones were called to apply haldi, Ajay knew that everyone would smear it all over him so he also takes the haldi in his hands and gets ready to smear it on them also. First Vikrant goes forward "Ajay don't apply it on me", Ajay smirks "Don't worry Anna I won't apply it on you", Vikrant was still hesitant "Promise", Ajay smiles "Okay promise". While Vikrant applies haldi Ajay signs to the others to apply it on Vikrant, then Vikram comes to apply, he smears it all over Ajay's face while Ajay also applies the haldi on Vikram and then Vikram goes and smears haldi on Vikrant. Everyone applies haldi on Ajay and they run around smearing it on everyone and having fun. Everyone was sent to clean up and freshen up and then after lunch, the ladies had to leave for Geet's home for her Nalugu.

In the evening it was Geet's Nalugu, all the women from Chowdhary and Reddy's went for Geet's function, Geet was made to wear saree and sit on the Mandap. Geet was introduced all of Ajay's cousin's, they all were teasing Geet, Vish "Ms.Iyer sorry sorry soon to be Mrs.Ajay Chowdhary...no talking on phone to Mr.Chowdhary anymore...you can see him directly tomorrow evening...his phone is going to be with me", Vidisha "You don't worry Vish...her phone will be with us...now these lovebirds won't be able to contact each other", Geet was pouting looking at them both, Anisha comes to support Geet "Why are you doing this to the poor girl...let them talk na", Geet was happy finally someone to support "Thank you thank you Anisha", Nikita "Ohho Mrs.Varun Reddy then you also won't be allowed to see Mr.Varun Reddy", Anisha looks at Nikita "Why...why will you not let me see my husband...haan tell...I'm already married you mad woman I will be with Varun only" Nikita "If you both behave like already married couples then we will know...but when you don't behave like that and go on romancing with eachother all the time that too in public everyone will think you are newly married", everyone laughs except Anisha. Anisha looks at Geet "Geethanjali I'm trying to support you but you are laughing at me", Geet bites her tongue "Sorry Anisha", Anisha shakes her head "Now I'm not helping you", Geet "Sorry sorry...nobody is laughing now...(she looks at everyone)...please let me speak with Ajay" Drishti "No no just one day Geethanjali...all of us have done that so even you won't be allowed...don't worry it will pass in a blink", Geet sits pouting, Anisha winks to Geet and whispers in her ears "Don't worry I'll take care of everything...just act as if you are agreeing to them", as said by Anisha she acts as if she agrees with them.

Later in the evening everyone leave from Iyer house back to the farmhouse, here Ajay was moping around that they are letting him see or talk to his Geet. Vish looks at him "These two are impossible looking at them sulking around just for not being able to talk for a day", Vikrant "Both are so in love with eachother... that's why this craziness", Vish shakes her head smiling. By 9 p.m everyone retire to their room, Vish had taken Ajay's phone so that he won't be able to contact Geet while even Geet's phone was taken by Keerthi who was at Geet's house to help them with the preparations. Varun and Anisha sneak into Ajay's room, Ajay "What are you both doing here", Varun "To play hide and seek with you...want to play" Ajay shakes his head "Shut up yaar first you are not letting me speak with my love now you and your sarcasm" Anisha "Ajay Anna we are here to help you...to talk to Geet" Ajay face beams "Really...you guys are the best", Varun "Look at this idiot grinning...till now his face was looking a sad gorilla 🦍 now it looks like thousands of bulbs have been lit up" Anisha smacks his head "Shut up", Ajay looks at Varun "Learn something from your wife...how to help others...idiot", Varun looks at Anisha "Baby you seriously want to help him...see he is scolding me", Anisha glares at him "You na sit quietly", Anisha's one glare shuts him up. Anisha calls on Geet's phone but nobody picks up, then Anisha gets Madhu's phone number from Ajay and calls her, she attends the call "Hello Aunty", "Hello who is this?", "Aunty I'm Anisha", "Anisha yes ma tell me what happened you called so late?", "Aunty I called Geethanjali but nobody picked up I wanted to ask her something about her mehendi that's why I called", "I think Keerthi has switched off her mobile wait...I'll give it to her", "Okay thank you aunty", Madhu gives the phone to Geet and leaves from her room, "Hi Geet", "Hi Anisha", "Okay I'll give to Ajay Anna but don't talk for long". Anisha gives the phone to Ajay "Enjoy Anna...but don't talk for too long and get caught okay...bye", Anisha takes Varun with her back to their room.

Ajay smiles while talking to Geet "Hi Love", Geet was also smiling "Hii", Ajay "I saw your photos...you were looking beautiful love", Geet blushes "Thank you", Ajay "Just one more day to go for you to become Mrs.Ajay Chowdhary...I'm waiting impatiently love💞" Geet smiles "Me too Mr.Chowdhary...I'm waiting to meet you Jaan❤️". Ajay looks at his watch "Just 16 hours more", Geet smiles "So you are counting hours", Ajay "Actually I would have counted the minutes and seconds also but I'm very bad at Maths...so I'll stick to hours", Geet laughs at his reply "You are crazy", Ajay grins "In your love Geet", Geet "Uff extra cheesy", both Ajay and Geet laugh and they keep talking for sometime. Geet suddenly whispers "Wait wait someone is coming", the person sees that Geet is sleeping and leaves and she releases a breath she had been holding after the person leaves and again takes the phone to ears "Hey", Ajay "Did the person leave", Geet smiles "Yeah...I should thank Anisha for this secret call", Ajay also smiles "Yeah me too", Geet "Okay I'll see you tomorrow jaan...Keerthi will be back soon...bye", Ajay "Okay bye love". They both sleep peacefully waiting to see eachother the next day.

That's all for now guys.
Hope you all like it ❤️
Happy Reading 💙
Yours lovingly
-Dharini