Chapter 21

A week passes, Ajay keeps trying to talk to Geet but she keeps running from him saying one or the other reason, in reality, she was scared that she might end up giving in to him after that kiss so she tries keeping her distance from him but Ajay is her boss, she wasn't able to run away from him for long. Geet had to show him the designs for Resort's restaurant, it was late in the evening nobody was in the office except for the two of them, she was hesitant to go to his cabin but she had committed that she would have the designs ready by today and show it to him, so without another choice she had to go when he called her to see the designs. She knocks on his cabin, Ajay was looking at his laptop immersed in work "Come in Ms.Iyer", she gulps and enters his cabin like she is entering a lion's cave.

Geet gets in and stands in front of his desk, he still doesn't look up from his laptop, she clears her throat to get his attention, Ajay closes his laptop and looks at her "Yes Ms.Iyer...show me the designs", she connects her laptop with the projector in his cabin and shows him the designs and starts explaining. He loves the designs she had made and smiles looking at them, once she completes explaining, he gets up and goes near her, she gulps as he nears her, he stands right in front of her, his hand reaches for hers, he brushes his fingers with hers "Ummm...wha...what are...u..doi", he takes the projector's remote from her hand and steps away, he turns his back to her smiling while she keeps looking at him, he loved teasing her and seeing her get nervous. He changes the slides and tells her some of the minor changes that can be made in the designs, she listens to all his suggestions intently and notes them down, she was surprised with his suggestions that he could think as a designer and understand even the minute details.

After noting down his suggestions, Geet was about to leave from his cabin "I will go do all the changes", she was about to take her laptop when he stops her, he takes her notepad from her hand and keeps it back on his desk, she looks at him confused "What are you doing Mr.Chowdhary". He doesn't say anything, just holds her hand and takes her to his cabin's balcony, she tries to get her hand out of his hold but his hold on her hand was strong. The whole office building was silent and dark except the lights in his and her cabin, the moon was glistening, though only a cresent🌙, yet it could spread its shine throughout the sky, the stars shimmering like sequins💫 in the silver sky, the trees around swaying to the cool breeze like they were dancing to an unknown tune was making the night seem beautiful.

Ajay pulls her closer and holds her by her waist, she was struggling to get out of his hold "La...leave me", he instead pulls her closer and locks her in his embrace, he puts his finger on her lips "Shhh", she looks at him shocked and her eyes widens to the size of saucers, Ajay smiles at her reaction "You love to run away from me right...now I've got a tight hold on you...you won't be able to run or escape", a strand of her hair falls on her face disturbing his view of her eyes, he tucks her hair behind her ear, her heart thumps hard with his action, "You know one thing Ms.Iyer... I have never seen anyone like you...you are definitely unique and I like that❤️...a few days back had anyone told me there would be someone who I would be helplessly attracted to then I would have laughed right on their face...but you...ever since you came into my life...you keep pulling me towards you...I know it was wrong of me to kiss you like that without your permission and for that you are avoiding me since a week...I'm sorry...but I don't regret it...I want you close to me all the time...I don't know if you feel the same way or even if you feel something but I just want to say I like you...I want to be with you...I want this feeling that I get when I'm with you...I don't want your answer right away you can think about it and let me know".

Geet's eyes were glistening with tears hearing his words, she could see the love he had for her in his eyes, he kisses her forehead, his every word and his actions screamed his love for her. This is the emotion she had seen in Vishnu's eyes, now seeing the same in Ajay's eyes, though it gave her hope that there is someone who wants to be there for her, yet it scared her. She knew she felt something for him and that something is an emotion deeper than what she had felt for Vishnu, she wanted this yet her fears overpower all the other emotions she felt, all the flashes of seeing Vishnu and her dad after their accident rushes back into her mind, she starts shaking "No...no I...I...(she looks at him with tears pouring from her eyes)...I can't..this can't happen...I...I'm sorry", she runs away from his cabin.

Ajay was shocked, he didn't know what happened suddenly that she started crying, his eyes were filled with tears that his love rejected him even without considering once, Did I say something wrong...I didn't want to rush her that's why I stopped with saying that I like her instead of saying I love her...I don't know Geet what happened...and why you left crying but I know what I saw...I saw the love in your eyes..the happiness also but then you eyes became dull and gloomy...I saw it all in your eyes...I understand there is something which is stopping you...I will find out what it is...Maa and Vish told me Love is not easy...I think now I understand why they told me that...no matter what happens I will find out the reason for your pain...I love you Geet❤️. Geet on the other hand takes her scooty and leaves for home while fresh tears keep pouring from her eyes, she looks at the sky, Why Mumma...why is this happening to me again...I won't be able bear anyone's loss again...I have come to understand what I feel for Mr.Chowdhary...and he also feels the same way but this relationship is not possible na Mumma...I never let anyone come close to me but he without my knowledge entered my life and heart as well...I like it when he is close to me...when he holds me I feel peace in my heart💕...I'm sorry Vishnu...I never meant for this to happen...I couldn't help it...I'm falling for him Vishnu❤️...but for his own better I will stay away...I can't bear to loose him also🥺.

That's all for now guys.
Hope you all like it❤️
Happy Reading 💙
Yours lovingly
-Dharini