Chapter 28

They reach the site after 1.5 hrs, Geet had slept while looking outside through the window, Ajay parks the car and turns to Geet, she was sleeping with a cute pout on her face. She was wearing a baby pink coloured salwar, long jhumkas, her lush brown hair was almost covering her face due to the winds that was blowing during their drive, her soft pink lips pouting in sleep😴. He removes her hair which was covering her face to get a better view of her face, So cute she is...and this pout...I wish I could just kiss it off...what idiot you want to get your face punched by her...no no I want my face to remain intact...so better not kiss her for now...Hmm I don't want to wake up this sleeping beauty she looks so serene sleeping...when she wakes up all she will do is fight with me, scold me or run away from me...As much as I love seeing you sleep love but I have to wake you up. He taps her cheeks lightly "Love...love wake up...we are here...we have reached", she stirs in her sleep, she holds his hand and turns towards him. He gets shocked when she holds his hand, and when she turns around his breath hitches at their closeness, she opens her eyes, her eyes directly meet his, her eyes widen at their proximity, he was completely lost in her eyes and was staring into them, she was also drowning in his eyes, his eyes flicker to her lips, he inches closer to her, her hold on his arm tightens, he cups her cheeks pulling her closer, her eyes close involuntarily as he inches further closer.

Just as he was about to close the distance between their lips his phone rings bringing them back to their senses, Geet opens her eyes abruptly, realising their position, she pushes him back leaving his hand, he also moves away from her, "Umm...I'm sorry", they both say out at the same time, they both look elsewhere feeling awkward. Ajay takes out his phone and goes out hurriedly, "Umm...I'll just attend the call", Geet nods and gets out of the car, Ajay moves a bit far away from her and takes out his phone, What the hell was I doing... Didn't I decide no kiss for now but what do I do...my hormones arouse when she is close to me...you have to control yourself Ajay...I need to practice a lot of self control and patience...I should thank the person who called me else I don't know what would have been the condition of my face when this tigress would have realised our position... Call disturbed us...right I should check, He takes out his phone and realises it's customer care and hits his head🤦. Geet was standing leaning on the car, What the hell was I doing...how could I let him...he was about to...I was about to...Shit shit shit!!!....why can't I ever control myself when he is near...this is what I wanted to avoid...giving him signs that I feel something for him...but here I am ready to kiss him and crying into his chest🤦...what do I do with myself...after this almost kiss it's so awkward to stay with him...how am I going to spend whole evening with him...I should just slap myself to stay in my senses whenever he is near.

He comes back when he realises that it's a call from customer care, "Umm let's go in", she just nods and follows him, after their almost kiss the air around them had become slightly awkward, they needed some time to process it. They both go in opposite directions to have a look at the resort, Geet was noting down everything that she needed for designing the interiors, Ajay was happy that the construction was completed without much of a delay, they both again met at the garden, now they both were so engrossed in the work that they forgot about their almost kiss. They both go up the stairs and have a look at all the other floors too, and once they were sure that they have had a look at the whole resort they go back down to the garden, Ajay looks at Geet "So how is the construction Ms.Iyer", Geet was first surprised that he called her 'Ms.Iyer' but then she composes herself "It's amazing Mr.Chowdhary...the sculptures at the entrance and the reception area are beautiful...a lot of effort has been put into them...I hope my designs do justice to this place", Ajay looks at her smiling "Your designs are beautiful Ms.Iyer...you can really bring out the beauty even of a plain terrain...your interiors are going to add beauty to this resort...I wanted someone who would understand that this is a heritage site and the tourists come here to visit it for its historic beauty...but people think it's only the same old modern type resorts that they would prefer while the truth is they would love to see the heritage and culture even in the place of stay and I'm happy I found someone like you who understands this", she smiles "I love such places...they have one of a kind aura in them....and such places give me a peacefulness...I do modern decor but this is my passion... designing for such heritage and historic sights", Ajay smiles hearing her.

Their work was completed in 3 hours, Geet looks at him wondering if he would take her home "Can we leave for home?", "Not so fast Love didn't I told you it's a date...and since you love such places what other place would be better for our first date💖", Ajay was back to his lover boy mode now that the work was completed, Geet glares at him "Didn't I tell you it's going to be only and only official work...there is no date...I'm not going anywhere with you unless you are willing to take me to my home", Ajay smiles "Ohho love we don't have to go anywhere...you see just the other side of our resort is the Mahabalipuram beach...we are going there only" Geet again glares at him "I'm not going anywhere with you". Ajay smirks "Well I thought we will walk...but you leave me with no choice...soo...", Geet was looking at him confused while he lifts her in his arms, Geet was struggling in his arms "What the...leave me...leave me Mr.Chowdhary", she keeps hitting his chest while he carries her to the beach which had a connecting passage from the resort. He keeps chuckling at her futile attempt to make him put her down, "Uhhh leave me...put me down....put me down now...I hate you....put me downnnn...", He just pulls her in closer with all her protests and looks at her, her heart flutters as he takes her in closer "Be quiet love...or I would have to find other ways to make you quiet", she shuts up not being able to speak anything more.

That's all for now guys.
Hope you all like it ❤️
Happy Reading 💙
Yours lovingly
-Dharini

When It's Meant To Be...The Stars Seem To Glisten.... (Completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara