Chapter 27

The next day, Geet was in school, sitting alone at her place as Keerthi was getting married in 4 days she was on leave, she was thinking about Ajay's words, his words keep echoing in her eyes 'I love you Geet....always and forever....I'll make sure you overcome your fear...I don't want to loose you...I'll keep trying no matter how much you push me away...I know your feelings...I know your fears', why do you love me Ajay...I'm trying my best to stay away yet you keep trying...I'm scared I'll surrender to your love...I love you...I love you so much....if I confess this to you, you will never let me go...I don't want anything to happen to you...I too don't want to loose you ever🥺...that's why I'm trying to maintain my distance but your love is making me melt...the way you keep coming back no matter how much I hurt you...I wish I could completely reduce this distance between us and stay in your embrace forever but my heart and mind are at conflict...what do I do...and today the date...ohho so you accept it's a date...no not date only official work...oh please with the romantic Ajay it's could be anything but official work...maybe I should tell Maa look for some alliance...if I get married he won't interfere na...when he thought I was married he himself stayed away from me...and the guy I'll be marrying I'll make it clear to him that it will be just namesake and after 6 months we can part ways...hmmm yes Maa was saying about some alliance...but it was long ago...will they still be interested...I'll talk to Maa after going home, she looks at her watch, it was almost her leaving time, and just then her phone rings, she looks at it and finds Ajay calling her, she picks it up "Hello", Ajay "Hello love...I'm waiting outside the school come soon", she was about to scold him about calling her 'Love' but before that he cuts the call.

Geet goes out of the school, just as he said he was waiting for her outside the school, she gets into his car silently, when she looks at him she was surprised to see him in casuals. She has seen him always in formals, and has heard from others also that he wears his formal suit wherever he goes, that day when she had seen him in the NGO also he was wearing formals, suddenly seeing him in casuals surprised her, she was staring at him without blinking, "I know I'm handsome and I've heard people calling me hot...but love if you keep staring at me like this then how will I be able to concentrate on the road" saying this he winks at her, she looks away feeling embarassed that she had been staring at him "Sorry". Ajay smirks looking at her "No need of sorry love...you can stare at me all you want (he winks at her)...but when I'm driving if you keep gazing at me...then I might get distracted and end up crashing the car", Geet glares at him at his last sentence "Shut up will you...why do you have to talk about crashing the car (her eyes glisten with tears)...I don't want anything to happen to you🥺...I won't be able to bear it😢", she blurts out in her anger. He realises that in his playfulness he triggered her fear, but he was happy to hear her say it out loud that she feared loosing him. He takes her into his embrace "I'm sorry love...I shouldn't have said that...I'm so sorry...please don't cry", she sobs into his chest, he lets her cry knowing how much she keeps in without letting others know her pain. Once her sobs quieten, he makes her look at him, he wipes her tears off with his thumb "Shh love...nothing will happen to me till you are with me...nor will I let anything happen to you Geet", he kisses her forehead while she keeps looking at him with tear filled eyes.

The sound of horn from the car behind brings her out of her trance and she realises what she is doing, she removes his hand from her cheeks and wipes her tears and looks out the window while Ajay starts the car looking at her, No matter how much you try Geet...you end up showing me your true feelings...I'm happy that atleast you said it out loud that you are scared to loose me...this is my first victory💖...something is better than nothing right...but those tears I don't want to see them in your eyes...it feels like someone is piercing me with a pin right into my heart...soon these tears will also go away with your fears my warrior princess...I'll make sure of it, he smiles to himself thinking of the day ahead with her. Geet looks out the window wiping her tears, what am I doing...shit! I almost confessed...but I cannot hear him talking about crashing the car...I cannot even imagine the situation...how could he even say it out loud like that...can't he keep his mouth shut and not talk shit like that...I cannot loose him at any cost...I can't...I just hope he doesn't say anything like that again...I felt like a dagger was inserted into my heart when he said that...such an idiot he is...Mumma please help me...help me to stay away from him...give me the strength to stay away from him and keep him safe.

They start their travel towards Mahabalipuram, they had 1.30 hrs journey ahead so Ajay stops at a restaurant for lunch, Geet looks around when he stops the car "Why did you stop", Ajay looks at her "I don't know about you but I'm hungry...I definitely need food to go ahead...so come on let's go", Geet looks elsewhere "I'm not hungry", Ajay raises his eyebrows and looks at her "Really...I don't think so you ate lunch...but even if you are not hungry I need company love...so let's go". Ajay takes Geet with him without listening to her protests, the truth was that she was really hungry but she didn't want to say it in front of Ajay, but he makes her eat and he himself also eats and they start their journey for the Resort.

That's all for now guys.
Hope you all like it ❤️
Happy Reading 💙
Yours lovingly
-Dharini