Chapter 35

The next day, Ajay wakes by 5.30 a.m as usual and had gone for jogging, just as he returns home after an hour he sees Roshini sitting in living room shocked looking at the newspaper, he goes near her "Maa what happened", she just shows him the newspaper, he takes it from her and reads the headlines,

'Sunshine resorts' CEO Ajay Chowdhary's new Moonlight romance'
'The Casanova CEO's new fling with his new designer'

It had a picture of Ajay and Geet hugging each other in the reception the day before and also a picture of them in the bessy beach from the day of their dinner with the investors. Ajay was not surprised, he knew this would happen some or the other time but what he didn't know was it would be so soon, he never cared for these things but he was worried for Geet and how she would feel about it. He calls her immediately, she picks his phone within the first ring, he understood that she had already seen the newspaper "Geet are you okay?", he understands that she is still trying to process everything when she doesn't answer for sometime "Ajay ha...how?", Even he didn't know how did this happen "Even I don't know love...you, aunty and uncle be ready... I'll come pick you all up...just for today take an off from school...we can discuss this" She mumbles a "Okay".

Ajay gets ready and goes to Iyer house to bring Geet, Madhu and Krishna to Chowdhary mansion, Geet was slient throughout the ride, Ajay was getting worried if she is having any change of thoughts, I promise you love I'll fix everything...just don't overthink. They reached Chowdhary Mansion, Roshini Vish and Vikrant welcome them inside, they all settle down in the living room, Ajay goes near Madhu and Krishna "I'm sorry uncle, aunty all this is because of me...I won't say that I didn't know this would happen...I knew it would happen but I didn't know it would be so soon...they always have interesting stories to tell about me but I have never given a thought about it nor did I care about them unless and until it involves my near and dear ones...they always link me up with any woman they see me with saying it's a fling, affair and what not...they don't care if that person could be my sister or best friend in that case...(he looks at Vish)...that was the only time I went out to the media 5 years ago when they linked up me and Vish...this time it's my love they have written crap about...I promise you aunty, uncle I will clear all this mess today itself". Madhu and Krishna smiles knowing that he will not let anything happen to Geet, "We know Ajay you will take care of this...we are not worried", Geet was still silent.

Roshini tells Ajay to take Geet alone and talk to her, he takes her to the garden, he makes her sit on the swing and holds her hand "Geet why are you so silent Love...say something", Geet looks at him, he couldn't decipher from her eyes what she is thinking or feeling "Can you call the media fast Ajay...I want this cleared up soon", she says in a distant tone. Ajay entwines their fingers "I promise you Geet I will clear this up soon", he kisses her forehead and leaves from there to make calls, he was disturbed by Geet's silence and distant behaviour.

The media was called up to Chowdhary mansion, Ajay was waiting for Geet while the Media starts hounding him with questions "Mr.Chowdhary you never answered to our questions related to your flings why only this time" "Seems like you loved our new story of your fling that you called us" "How many affairs will you have Mr.Chowdhary" "Your new fling is your designer did you hire her for that", till they were talking about him he didn't care, hearing one question about Geet his anger flares, he was about answer when he hears Geet's voice "Yeah he hired me for that...in fact he hires everyone of his designers so that he can have flings...Am I right?", One of the reporters "Who are you?", In both the photos Geet's face not visible, Geet smiles "You all wrote so much about Mr.Chowdhary's moonlight romance with me but you don't even recognise me...anyway let me introduce myself...I'm Geethanjali Vishnu Iyer...to be Mrs.Geethanjali Iyer Chowdhary", Ajay looks at Geet surprised yet his heart was filled with happiness, Geet smiles at Ajay and holds his hand, every bit of worry in his mind flies away with her declaration. "How do we know you not just saying that because of the photos released in the newspaper", Geet smiles looking at them "Well you all can have a look at your phones you would have recieved two videos", the first video was of Kanishka and how he maintains his distance with her and the second video was the one from the Ajay's birthday when she had got panic attack and he came to know about her past, the part where he promised Krishna and Madhu that he will love Geet and take care of her and bring her out of her fear, she had got the videos with the help of Anushka from his cabin's Cctv "If this is not enough for you all then I have more...the first one shows how women throw themselves at him and he maintains his distance...the second video shows his love...it shows the extent to which he can love someone", she looks at him with all the love she had for him, his heart was overwhelmed with love seeing everything she was doing for him, One of the reporter asks "But this only shows his confession...nothing about you", Geet shakes her head "Ofcourse you all love to poke your noses into everyone's personal life...just a minute", she calls Keerthi and gets the video of the her confession and sends it to them, her voice was calm but she was raging inside "Is this enough or you want more of our personal intimate moments", they all look down feeling bad that they had written shit about their relationship "We are sorry Sir, Ma'am", "we can see that it's only you Sir loves and he is nothing like what we write about him", Geet looks at them "Just because someone doesn't say anything doesn't mean you keep publishing shit about them...it just means that they don't want any interference in their private life...learn to respect people's private space...the last time he did this only when you linked up him and Vishakha who is his best friend and Sister-in-law because you were writing crap about his family else he doesn't even bother because he never cares for what you write about him even if none of it is true...the people you link them up with can even be their sister or friend or best friend but why would you care you only need juicy bytes for you news...next time if any such news comes out about my Ajay being a Casanova or I see you all writing shit about him he may not do anything he may not even care about it but trust me I will make sure to make your professional lives hell".

All the journalists apologize to Ajay, Ajay eyes well up with tears, nobody had stood up for him like this, the journalists were about to leave but he wanted to do something so he stops them, "Wait wait you don't want to see our engagement?", now Geet was looking at him surprised, he takes a ring from his pocket, he looks at her and slides it into her ring finger, Geet was looking at him while he was also staring into her eyes, their eye lock breaks with the claps from the media and their family. The journalists leave from there, they all go inside the house, Roshini goes near Geet, she takes a bit of Kohl (Kajal) from her eyes and puts it behind Geet's ears and caresses her face "Oh my God Geetu ma...I knew you were strong and bold and don't fear speaking your mind out...but I didn't know you are this bold...the way you spoke to the media the way you shut them up...I have become your biggest fan...(Roshini winks at her while Geet smiles)...I'm so happy my Ajju has you...He has someone who will stand by him all his life...Thank you for clearing his image also Geet...(Roshini's eyes were filled with tears)...I've been trying to do that since a long time but I couldn't...you did that in just one meeting with the media...I'm just waiting for you to come into this house as my Ajay's wife and my daughter", Geet holds her hand "Aunty I'm the one who is lucky to have him...I'm used to taunts aunty I have been hearing it my whole life...I know how it feels...hearing that itself hurts...seeing such shit on newspaper must have hurt him so much even though he doesn't react to them...as long as I'm here I will make sure people don't write crap about him...(She looks at Ajay)...and about the last one your son didn't propose me aunty he just slid the ring into my finger...tell him aunty I want a proper proposal". Roshini, Madhu, Krishna, Vish and Vikrant smile hearing her, Madhu looks at Ajay "Yes Ajay I'm not sending my daughter without a proper proposal", Roshini smiles "You heard right Ajju...propose her properly", Ajay looks at Geet then at Roshini and Madhu "Maa Aunty tell your daughter to be ready by 6.00 p.m today".

That's all for now guys.
Hope you all like it❤️
Happy Reading 💙
Yours lovingly
-Dharini