Mad Woman

"It's so nice here," Taylor whispered, gazing out at the lake. The reflection of the moon shone on the water, putting a spotlight on a small duck as it flapped its wings.

"Mhm," Joe murmured in agreement, pulling her closer to him on the bench. Taylor took his hand in hers, tracing her finger on each crease of her palm. Joe leaned forward, tickling her cheek with his stubble as he kissed her.

Taylor giggled softly, "You need to shave."

Joe mocked sadness, "I thought you liked my beard."

"Not when I'm trying to kiss you, it tickles," Taylor said.

Joe chuckled, "Fair enough."

They sat in silence for another moment, enjoying the serenity. "Everything's so perfect," Taylor said quietly. "I just want to stay here forever. In London. With you."

"One day," Joe rubbed her thigh lovingly. "We'll settle down here. Have two kids. We can take them to the lake all the time. Maybe they'll grow into grumpy teenagers, but they'll still love us. Then eventually they'll go off to college, and it'll be just us again. Forever."

"Two kids? I was thinking three," Taylor joked.

Joe grinned, "Oh I'm sure we can make that happen."

Taylor curled herself into a ball on the bench, leaning on Joe's lap. "I'm cold," She complained.

"Want to go inside? It's getting late," Joe offered.

Taylor nodded, "Can you carry me?"

Joe rolled his eyes playfully, "You're like a little kid."

"Is that a yes?"

"Sure," Joe stood up, helping her up off the bench. Taylor jumped into his arms, wrapping her arms around his neck. Joe shifted so he was carrying her bridal style, and began the ascent back to the house.

"Really, I'm doing you a favor," Taylor said. "Giving you an opportunity to exercise your arms."

"My arms are already great, thank you very much," Joe raised her up and down a few times just to prove his point. "Lifting you is no issue."

Taylor smiled, holding on tighter to his neck. Joe managed to get the front door open with her still in his arms, before setting her down on the mudroom bench. Taylor kicked off her shoes, "Race you to the bedroom?"

"Wait I'm not read-" Joe frantically tried to take off his shoes as Taylor began running. "That's cheating!"

Taylor just cackled, dashing up the stairs. Finally managing to get his shoes off, Joe ran after her, desperately trying to catch up. Bounding up the steps, he came right behind her in the hallway. His rugby instincts returning, he leaped for her, sending them both flying to the floor. "Joe!" Taylor screeched, landing below him.

"Shit," Joe said guiltily. "Sorry about that."

"Ow," Taylor whined. "Fuck, my ankle hurts."

Joe quickly stepped off her and frowned, his face turning serious, "Are you okay? Do you want me to get you an ice pack or something? I'm really sorry."

Taylor groaned, tilting her head back, "Why the fuck did you tackle me."

"I'm sorry," Joe apologized again. Taylor glanced away, blinking back tears. Joe looked at her worriedly, "Why don't I go get an ice pack. Or do you need to go to the doctor? How bad is it?"

"Just give me an icepack please," Taylor said sternly, holding onto her ankle. Joe nodded, walking towards the stairs. Taylor smirked, before quickly standing up and dashing for the bedroom.