Too Late Pt. 2

Taylor took another bite of the pasta, wanting nothing more then to go home as she listened to the man across from her drawl on. "And then, I was like 'I won again?' and faked a surprised face, even though I knew I was going to win. Really there was no doubt that I was going to win," He shrugged. "I'm just that good."

Why did I this this was a good idea. Taylor nodded slowly, "Good for you."

"So, would you like to go for a romantic walk in the city? I know all the good spots that tourists don't know," Max said.

I've lived here for eight years, I wouldn't consider myself just a tourist. "See I would love to, except it's getting quite late, and I probably should just go home," Taylor tried to be polite about it.

"C'mon it's only six. It'll be fun!" Max tried to persuade her. 

"No, I really should be going home. I have meetings tomorrow." Taylor said. "Thanks for the offer though."

Max frowned, "Just because your Taylor Swift doesn't mean you can't have some fun. Just for an hour, you can be home by 7:30."

Taylor sighed, "I guess."

Max smiled, "Great!"

After getting the check for their dinner, they got in Max's car. "Ever been to the Kew gardens?" Max asked. "I bet you haven't."

Taylor thought back to a year ago when Joe and her had brought Ella to see them. "Actually I have."

"Well I know them like the back of my hand, so you'll have a great experience with me as your guide," Max said.

Taylor looked out the car window, nodding slowly. Once they arrived, Max led Taylor to the entrance. As they walked he drifted his hand towards her, but Taylor stuffed her hand in her coat pocket. This didn't discourage Max, and he put his arm over her shoulder, just for Taylor to move to the side.

Max pointed to a bundle of blue flowers, "You know what those are? They're Jacob's ladders. The scientific name is polemonium pulcherrimum."

"I'm pretty sure those are just orchids," Taylor said slowly.

"Trust me, I know my flowers," Max boasted.

Taylor raised an eyebrow, "Yeah and I know how to read. Look at the sign, it says orchid."

Max looked at it, and sure enough it said orchid. He bit his lip, "Well a lot of people mix them up, even someone as experienced as me."

Taylor resisted the urge to roll her eyes, instead just nodding. They continued to walk through the gardens, Max leading the way. Suddenly a voice called out to her, "Taylor!"

Taylor recognized the voice, Joe. She turned around, looking for Joe. Maybe Joe can get me away from this idiot. The thought vanished as soon as it came once she saw who Joe was with. Madelyn again?

They were walking over to her and Max, and she had no choice but to talk to them. "Hey," Taylor put on a smile. "Good to see you again. And you're Madelyn?"

The brown-haired girl smiled, "That's me. You're Taylor I presume?"

"Yeah. Nice to meet you," Taylor forced herself to shake her hand. "Um, this is Max."

"Hey there," Max glared at Joe. "You're Joe?"

Joe nodded, politely smiling, "Nice to meet you."

Max didn't say anything back, instead turning to Taylor, "Tay, do you want to go?"

"Don't call me T-" Taylor tried to say.

Max nodded as if she had agreed with him, "Alright."

Max took her hand, leading her away. Joe furrowed his eyebrows, exchanging confused glances with Madelyn. Madelyn shrugged, taking Joe's hand again. Joe bit his lip, trying to turn his attention to Madelyn. Really? She's on a date with that douchebag?  Who the fuck does he think he is?