Help Pt. 3

"We have a warrant to search your house."

A wave of relief came over Taylor. Everything's going to be okay. The relief only lasted for a second, until there was a loud thumping, and the man ran down the basement stairs, a crazed look in his eyes. He ran over to Taylor, just as four policemen ran after him.

The man, apparently named Barry, held up the knife that he had swiped from the kitchen, holding it up. "I'll hurt her." He threatened.

"Put the knife down," The policeman said slowly.

Taylor's breath quickened as Barry simply moved the knife closer to her neck. Oh my god. Oh my god. "Let me go, or I'll hurt her," Barry said.

"Don't hurt her," the policeman said. "This will end best if you just put the knife down, and walk away from her."

"I don't think so," Barry said. "I'm serious. I'll hurt her."

He pressed the knife closer to her neck, causing a small trickle of blood. Taylor began to panic, not sure what to do. It hurts. It hurts so badly. It fucking hurts. Taylor didn't have another option and wasn't even sure what she was doing at this point. She used her hands to take the lock off and tried desperately to untie the knot.

As she was doing it the police started walking closer. It just made Barry press the knife closer to Taylor's neck. "Put down the knife," The policeman cautioned.

Taylor gave up, unable to untie the knot. She hoped for the worst, bracing for anything. Suddenly a policeman jumped at Barry, and everything went black.
_______________________________

Joe picked up his phone as soon as he saw it ringing, "Is everything okay?"

"Um, good news?" Tree said slowly. "Taylor's back."

Joe took a deep breath of relief, "Really? Where is she? Can I talk to her?"

"Well... she's in the hospital right now. There were a few complications," Tree said tentatively. "Do you want to come to the hospital? Bring Andrea."

"Yes, I'll be there," Joe said, already walking out to the living room where Andrea was.

Fifteen minutes later, Joe and Andrea rushed into the hospital lobby, where Tree was waiting for them. Joe looked worriedly, "Can I go see her?"

"I'm sorry Joe, legally you can't yet," Tree apologized.

"What do you mean?" Joe asked, confused.

Tree bit her lip, "With the state she's in, only legal family members are allowed in right now."

"But I've been dating her for two years!" Joe said frustratedly.

"I know, and I wish I could, but legally you just can't," Tree frowned.

Joe ran his hand through his hair, "Okay."

"Andrea, you can go in," Tree said, motioning to the hallway.

Andrea nodded, walking towards the room. The doctor was there, scribbling some notes on a paper. "Mom!" Taylor said excitedly.

Andrea smiled, going in to hug Taylor, "Tay. I was so worried."

Taylor hugged her tightly, "Thank you for coming."

"Of course Tay," Andrea said. "I'm so, so glad you're okay."

Suddenly the doctor looked to them, "I'm sorry to interrupt, but may I talk to Andrea for a moment?"

Andrea nodded, following the doctor out to the hallway.