Babysitting

"Again? But I thought you guys were going on a date again tonight," Taylor said into the camera.

Claire shrugged, "It's fine, we'll plan another one."

Joe frowned, "But you guys already made reservations and everything."

"We can cancel, besides, Cy didn't like that babysitter as much either," Claire said.

"Why don't we babysit for you?" Taylor blurted out.

Joe gave her a surprised look, and Taylor immediately regretted it.

Claire could see it on her face, "No, it's really fine."

"You guys planned this date for a while, we would have fun babysitting this time," to Taylor's surprise this time it was Joe talking.

"Well..." Claire started to give in.

"Please? You guys enjoy some husband and wife time." Taylor looked at Claire hopefully.

"Okay... sure, are you sure you guys will be okay? He can be a handful sometimes," Claire asked.

Joe nodded excitedly, "Why don't you drop them off, and just bring over pajama's and you can pick them up in the morning."

"Okay, I'll be by at 4:00?" Claire said, leaning forward to hang up.

"Sure! We'll see you then!" Taylor said, hanging up.

Joe turned to Taylor, "This will be fun!"

Taylor had a soft smile on her face, "Yeah!" Taylor hugged him, "I love you."

Joe rubbed her back, "I love you too."

Soon enough it was 4:00, and Joe and Taylor were standing at the door greeting Claire.

"Taywor!" Cy said, reaching for her from Claire's arms.

Taylor laughed and Claire let Cy climb into Taylor's arms.

"So we'll see you guys tomorrow morning?" Taylor asked.

"Yeah, we'll see you then, thanks again!" Claire replied before shutting the door.

As soon as the door closed Cy turned to Joe. "You are Joe!" He declared pointing a finger at him.

Joe smiled, "Yes I am."

"Taywor told me about Joe!" Cy said, excited that he knew something.

Joe looked towards Taylor, raising a playful eyebrow, "Really? What did she say?"

"Taywor said you were nice and talked nicely" Cy said. "I want Joe to hold me."

Taylor transferred Cy from her arms to Joe's. "So Cy, what do you want to do?"

Cy paused, thinking for a moment, "I want to play the block game."

Taylor nodded, "I think we have some wooden blocks laying around, why don't I go grab them while you talk with Joe a little bit."

Cy clung to Joe, "Ok."

Joe carried Cy over to sit on the floor while Taylor looked for the blocks. "So Cy, what's your favorite color?"

"Blue!" Cy said, "Like my shirt!"

Joe leaned forward, "My favorite color is blue too! See, my shirt is blue too."

Cy looked shocked, "Yay! We both like blue!" Cy proceeded to climb into Joe's arms, and sit on his lap.

"We can be blue buddies," Joe said, cradling Cy in his arms. Taylor walked in the room and stopped in her tracks as soon as she the sight. Her heart just about melted, and she didn't know how long she stood there for until Joe looked up at her and beckoned her over.