Learning Civility Pt 2.

For the first few weeks, Taylor and Joe exchanged occasional letters, but soon they became more and more sparse as they became busier and busier. Soon the letters were non existent, but Taylor and Joe's minds were constantly thinking about the other.

When Taylor was fifteen she got her first Myspace account, and spent an entire day trying to find anyone by the name of Joe Alwyn, but to no avail. She went to college at Dartmouth, then went to Georgetown law school.

Joe took a similar path, going to Bristol then to the University of Birmingham Law School. At 26, both Taylor and Joe were working in different law firms, Taylor in America, Joe in London.

Joe sat at his desk, shuffling around papers and sorting them into his file cabinet. His co-worked approached him, "Did you get the new email? Do you plan on going to America or are you staying with the firm here?"

"What?" Joe said, confused. He opened up his emails, seeing one from the firm. It explained that they were merging with another company from America, and some lawyers would be asked to move there if they don't get enough volunteers. "Oh," Joe said, looking back to his co-worker. He thought for a moment back to when he was younger, and how much he had loved America. "Maybe I will."
_______________________________

Four Months Later

Joe moved into a 1000 square foot apartment in Nashville. The company they were merging with was a record company. Once he got a break from work he planned on driving a few hours up north to Pennsylvania, and go visit his old house. Taylor, the name echoed in his mind. They had lost contact a long time ago, but she was constantly in his head.

He hoped Andrea and Scott still lived in the old house, so he could somehow get in touch with Taylor again.

On his first day of work in America he was already late, he had gotten lost. There were only a few people in his branch that he knew that had moved with him from London, but there were tons of new people to meet.

Walking into work people were already moving into there new cubicles, and Joe struggled to find his own. After finally finding it he sat down, turning on his computer. He took an entire hour reorganizing his cubicle, making sure it looked perfect. By the time he finished it was already time for his lunch break.

Having a hard time navigating throughout the new building, he finally found the food court. He looked at all the different foods, burgers, pizza, fried chicken... do they have fish and chips? Looking around for a moment he saw none, so instead settled for a salad.

Joe finished his first day of work successfully, before taking the short drive back to his apartment. The next day he went to work early, since they had to be there for some sort of 'get to know each other' for the new co-workers.

Personally Joe hated the idea, he liked to keep to himself. Once he got to work, he heard other people already in the conference room, talking among each other. Walking inside he drifted towards the people he already knew, joining in on the conversation. "Do you miss London?" Asked Oliver, his friend back from the old firm.

Joe shrugged, "A little bit."

Oliver chuckle, "I miss the pubs."

"Me too, honestly," Joe joked around.

"I've been making some new friends though, hopefully they'll show me some good bars," Oliver said. Oliver turned around, "Hey Olivia! Come over here and meet Joe."

Joe tried to act normal, he was terrible at meeting at new people. A brown-haired woman walked over, a blonde-woman following after her. "Hi!" Olivia said. "I'm Olivia. You're Joe?"