The New Kid

AU
____

Taylor tapped her pencil on her desk impatiently. She was a senior in high school and ready for the school year to end. Alas it was only the second week of school, and she still had many more. Personally she didn't see the point in senior year, she had all her college credits, and was already accepted into Cambridge.

As much as Taylor loved America, UK sounded like a whole new adventure. Finally the bell rang and in walked the English teacher Mr. Norris. Next to him stood a blonde haired boy, nervously tapping his foot.

He caught Taylor's attention and she couldn't help but stare a little. His blue eye's were a captivating shade, practically begging you to look at them.

"Guys, this is Joe from England, I want you to give him all a warm welcome," Mr. Norris announced to the class. Joe smiled nervously at the class, and Taylor could already see the popular girls next to her swoon.

Mr. Norris ushered Joe to his seat, which happened to be right next to Taylor. Taylor gave him a small nod and Joe gave one back before returning his attention back to the teacher. Taylor cast a quick glance back at him, scolding herself for thinking how soft his hair was.

Returning back to the teacher, she continued to tap her pencil on the desk, trying to pay as much attention as possible. Joe looked down at the pencil, and Taylor blushed realizing it was probably annoying.

Joe caught a few glimpses of the girl he was sitting next to, trying not to make it to obvious he was looking at her. The teacher called her Taylor. Taylor, what a beautiful name. Joe glanced down at her tapping her pencil, finding it an endearing habit. Joe quickly looked back up when Taylor saw him looking at the pencil.

The bell rang out and they both stood up, Taylor watching Hailey and Demi immediately crowd around Joe, asking him what class he had next. Taylor rolled her eyes, making sure no one saw before walking out the door to calculus, then it was lunch, where she could finally be with friends.

Taylor was almost a little sad that Joe wasn't in this class, but shook off the feeling, sitting down at her usual spot. She rested her head on her hand, trying to wish the class away.

Joe was feeling felt a similar way, stuck in AP Physics, trying desperately to figure out exactly what he missed in the two weeks. As if it couldn't come soon enough, the bell rang and Joe packed up his stuff, trying to avoid these two girls that seemed to be trailing him around.

Taylor walked into the lunch room, smiling and waving to Abigail and Selena who were sitting at their usual lunch table. Taylor sat down next to them, setting down her lunch tray.

"Did you guys see the new English guy? He's in my AP physics and his accent is super hot," Selena said giddily.

Taylor nodded, trying to sound uninterested "Yeah I sit next to him in LA he seems okay."

Abigail gasped, "Excuse me, he seems amazing!"

Taylor shrugged, "I guess."

Selena eyed her suspiciously, "Okay no, you know he's hot so why are you acting so nonchalant about him? Unless..."

Selena's and Abigail's eyes widened as they spoke in unison, "She likes him."

"No. I don't, actually he just seems fine. Case closed." Taylor gave them both death glares.

No one got the chance to reply because suddenly everyone was whispering about Joe entering the lunch room. Hailey immediately waved him over, but Joe didn't seem to notice. He awkwardly steps backward, lunch still in hand and turns around, walking out the cafeteria doors to who knows where.